** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **

** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#0** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:24pm

If you read my signature lines, you will find the line:
"My icon of Little Shop is coming back as soon as Brooklyn Opens on Broadway"
Here is a small correction: Little Shop is not coming back. Brooklyn will stay there for a long, long time.

I went to see Brooklyn today, after being the most excited member on thie board about this new fresh show. When i entered the theater, first i saw the set. All i can say about it is Amazing. Yes, it is a "rent-stylish" type of set, but it's a fresh new thing.

The show started with the song "Heart behind these hands" which was sang by the full cast. I loved it. Eden, Kevin, Ramona, Cleavent (sp?) and Karen sang so beautifully.. and the music.. ahhh..

I really liked the "Streetsingers" thing. When you go to Brooklyn you have to understand that they are streetsingers, and BKLYN is their show. But, don't get me wrong, i agree that the book and story are a bit weak.

Eden was mind-blowing, i just wished she had more songs. Ramona stole the show, with "Raven" and "Love me where I live". Kevin was very good, but not a stand-out. Cleavant was just amazing, his singing was great. And finally, Karen was very good. She is a great singer as well.

The costumes deserve a tony. But, it despends on how you look at it, you can hate it or love it. I loved Ramona's costumes, they were so original. Speaking of original, BKLYN is very. I never seen something like that on Broadway.

I almost cried when Eden sang streetsinger. That was the MOST amazing, dramatic, beautiful, mind-blowing song in the show.

What a great theater experience. The lightning was great, and seeing the actors change on stage and move around things, made BKLYN the most special show on Broadway right now (for me at least).

The theater was sold-out, and when i tried buying tix at the box office for next week, they did have some tickets, but mostly rear mezz. I was worried about my seats, i thought they will be too far back, but, no, they were great!

After the show.. came the stage door. All of the cast was super-nice, and MELISSA ERRICO was there (she saw the show) as well as the great ROSIE ODONNELL (she also saw the show). I also talked to mark and barry (sp?) and they were so exited about the show! The show got a full standing ovation at the end. The crowd went wild! :) So did I!

BKLYN is a fresh new SPECIAL show. And that's what i like about it. Some people may not like it because they are seeing things differently. But i can understand that we all have different opinions.

I saw the show in denver, and i noticed the changes. Today, i saw a different show, that in my opinion is a better verision of BKLYN.

Some people said BKLYN is cheesy. I don't think so; Brooklyn is a fairy tale, which streetsingers are telling. If you said that Bombay Dreams is cheesy, then i'll understand.

At the show, i bought a Brooklyn Shirt and a windowcard! :)

I left the plymouth theater with this feeling, the same feeling i felt when i first saw Little Shop of Horrors - which i LOVED as you all know.

Please don't reply to this post calling me a shill, because i'm not. I am a BROOKLYN FAN.

BTW, Sorry if i have some grammar mistakes, i wrote this really fast.

Updated On: 10/7/04 at 11:24 PM

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#1re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:26pm

great review.... i'm seeing it on saturday, i'll post my thoughts then

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#2re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:35pm

Thanks. I hope you will like it like i did.

#3re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:53pm

I am seeing it 10/29 I am so excited!

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#4re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:58pm

glad you liked it i cant wait to see it. i saw dracula tonight and well melissa was out because she was there.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#5re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:59pm

"and well melissa was out because she was there."

huh?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

pab Profile Photo
pab
#6re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 12:21am

I think what was being said it that "melissa was out" (of "Dracula") "because she was there" (at "Brooklyn").

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#7re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 7:33am

I am SO happy you finally saw it TT!

I really want to go see DRACULA actually and want to get word on when Ms.E will return.

Matt, you said you sat up close when you saw the show, how did you enjoy it?

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#8re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 7:34am

Heard that Melissa is hoping to be back on Saturday, depending on her doctor's verdict.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

mzk2
#9re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 7:47am

To all those people that say Brooklyn is selling out...if it is selling out why is it at 64% attendance? And why when I go on telecharge can I get center ORCH and center MEZ tickets for Friday and Saturday night's shows. Sold out...HA!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#10re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 8:14am

wow another double poster joining us fresh this morning... but, how sad that one spends free time searching telecharge or ticketmaster for a show they do not like. Updated On: 10/8/04 at 08:14 AM

BROADWAYFAN3
#11re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 8:18am

The night I went it was sold out.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 8:23am

Dracula and Brooklyn-
My favorite shows this season.(Hysterical laughter)
PS The singers are very strong at both of these shows. It is sad that the story in both are weak.
I liked Dracula more then Brooklyn. Updated On: 10/8/04 at 08:23 AM

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#13re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 8:26am

I'll be seeing it 10/9, evening show and am excited.
Will post my thoughts monday morning.

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#14re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 9:34am

I'm so glad i finally saw it, and i'm coming back really soon!

Updated On: 10/8/04 at 09:34 AM

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#15re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 9:54am

Thanks for that review... I agree...I wish Eden sang more songs and that Cleavant is amazing and that Ramona steals the show with her performance And songs. I still love it and can't wait to go again.

Amneris - LOL....

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#16re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 12:13pm

wickedfan2, when are you going again?

mzk2
#17re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 12:39pm

Amneris...I'm not a double poster...If I was I would have signed up this week or there abouts. I just don't post a lot, but I'm frankly getting annoyed at this board because every day I have to read how great Brooklyn is from the same 3-4 people. It make me want to not use this board. Updated On: 10/8/04 at 12:39 PM

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#18re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 1:02pm

mzk - I wouldn't open any Bklyn threads then if you don't like reading from the same 3-4 people.

Tiny - What were the biggest changes from when it was in Denver? You said it was better. I want to go before Dec but I have so many other priorities now I'm trying to "squeeze" it in.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#19re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 1:23pm

If you're not a shill, then why would you travel to Denver to see this God-awful show?
Have fun shilling, because when the critics get their hands on this thing, they are going to KILLLLLLLLL it just as fast as you can SHILLLLLLLLLL it.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#20re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 2:01pm

Matt...that could happen... but if they RAVE about it..certain people will still hate it...so whateva floats your boat right?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#21re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 2:29pm

Matt,

I disagree. I think BKLYN is going to be a uniform rave.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

GirlfriendFromCanada
#22re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 2:40pm

Structurally, it's impossible for Brooklyn to get a rave.

It's enjoyable, and it's entertaining, but when you break it down, it's still a mess. The big question is whether the entertainment factor will prevail.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#23re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 6:27pm

I went to denver to visit a friend, and i saw the show with him Matt Rogers. More Questions?

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#24re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/8/04 at 6:29pm

Girl...Canada, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE

Videos