pixeltracker

Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song- Page 3

Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song

Gothampc
#50re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/4/05 at 10:41pm

West End Avenue from The Magic Show has a lot of time changes.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

cathyhyatt
#51re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/4/05 at 10:41pm

futurewinnerbird...yay! i can sing once upon a time and really well for that matterrr :) hehe

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

Plum
#52re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/5/05 at 12:39am

Heh. Somebody brought up a good point- we're looking at this from the singers' point of view. Which songs are really tough on musicians?

B-Way4Life
#53re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/5/05 at 12:43am

Lost In The Wilderness from Children of Eden

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#54re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/5/05 at 12:54am

You think ITW is hard?! Try doing it in a WEEK!!!! I did it. This summer with the College Light Opera Company. It was insanity. Opening night was frightening, but after that we really pulled it off!

gertiecummings Profile Photo
gertiecummings
#55re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/5/05 at 1:13am

I agree. My high school cast of Sweeney Todd never once got City on Fire right, or Pirelli's Miracle Elixer.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#56re: Most Difficult Musical Theatre Song
Posted: 1/5/05 at 9:55am

Putting it Together - Sunday in the Pari With George
Getting Married Today - Company
Herbue Fitch's Twitch - Redhead
Pity the Child - Chess
I Can Cook Too - On the Town (the lead-in is really tough and try singing "a brook trout right out of the brook")
Glitter and Be Gay - Candide
The Ballad of Sweeney Todd and God That's Good - Sweeney Todd (the chorus parts in Sweeney Todd are infinitely more difficult than any of the leads)
Theme from City of Angels - City of Angels
Gethsemane - Jesus Christ Superstar
A Little Bit of Good - Chicago (squeeze 'em tight, guys)
We Beseech Thee - Godspell (not too bad on its own, but if you're playing the character as written, it's a night of almost entirely high G's before you get to this song as well as playing recorder, then singing more high G's while dancing and the final high D in the stratosphere at the end)

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos