pixeltracker

Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan- Page 3

Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan

DTBG2
#50re: Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan
Posted: 3/16/05 at 12:23pm

I enjoyed watching Matt Caplan's Mark. His facial expressions in the few moments (the argument with Roger) before Mimi's "Goodbye Love" were so intense, he almost looks as if he either about to cry or explode on stage...great character focus on his part...he sells it.
Updated On: 3/16/05 at 12:23 PM

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#51re: Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan
Posted: 3/16/05 at 4:42pm

i can't believe i missed this thread!! i love matt! yeah at times he was bored with the role but when he wasn't, he was very quirky and i love that. :) he added some more comedic elements to the role which was nice and he often had great chemistry with the rest of the cast. as for drew, i didn't think he was that bad. he sure wasn't amazing though.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#52re: Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan
Posted: 3/16/05 at 7:48pm

Thank you, Becky. re: Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan
I'm definitely going to see Rent within the next few weeks again... I now need to follow-up on Matt's performance. I was also quite impressed with most of the cast, others were terrible (well, two were).
I'm beginning to think I might have been far too harsh on my judgement on Matt, so if he pulls off a great performance again next time, I'll be friends with him. re: Pros and Cons of Matt Caplan

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

Videos