Fall of Saigon, absolutely.

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#51re: Most Emotionally Charged Ensemble Numbers
Posted: 7/31/05 at 9:47am

Goodnight Saigon - Movin' Out [very sad]

Cirlce of Life - The Lion King [gives me chills everytime]

At the End of the Day - Les Miserables [Really the only upbeat song and it really livens up the musical]

The Gods Love Nubia - Aida [when they hit the acapella "The Gods Love Nubia" I cringe re: Most Emotionally Charged Ensemble Numbers in a good way]

Once Upon a Time - Brooklyn [Shinning number from a rather lackluster musical]

Masquerade - Phantom [The Lyrics Really touch me...and I have seen 2 productions really take the lyrics to heart was great]

March of the Witch Hunter / No One Mourns the Wicked - [2 really powerful ensemble numbers]

Honeslty I think out of all the shows I have seen...Wickeds ensemble seems like the one that has so many emotions to have. They are angry ready to kill, scared, happy, obnoxious. They have a lot of characters and I think Wicked or Les Miserables definitely have hardest working ensembles.

pndmnd
#52re: Most Emotionally Charged Ensemble Numbers
Posted: 7/31/05 at 10:00am

Almost anything from Evita--
"Requiem," "A New Argentina," etc., etc.

"Sun in the Morning" from Annie Get Your Gun
"Put 'em back" from Li'l Abner
"America" from West Side Story
"Listening to You" from Tommy

the Act II finale from Into the Woods (with the Children will Listen part).
the finale from Children of Eden
and how can we forget, the reprise of "Climb Every Mountain," from The Sound of music.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#53re: Most Emotionally Charged Ensemble Numbers
Posted: 7/31/05 at 10:44am

Definately "Can't help falling in love with you" in All Shook Up. It's the Finale for the 1st act and it is SO powerful.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Videos