News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Whiteguy2088

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Member Name: Whiteguy2088
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Interesting Review ... LEGALLY BLONDE
 May 20 2007, 08:54:03 AM
" But NEVER at the expense of any stereotype or marginalizing an ethnic or minority group."

I love that Legally Blonde brings up taking advantage of stereotypes is SOOOO wrong. Haha. Let us be realistic. Legally Blonde is NOT that bad. Did you flip out when Avenue Q, The Producers, Wedding Singer, A Chorus Line, Rent appeared? Sorry to break it to you, all use "stereotpes" and they "marginalize ethnic and minority groups". We are all part of some minority, some small group that we

re: Your Top 5 Favorite Showtunes
 Mar 31 2007, 08:12:24 PM
Thought I would revive this...

1. Wheels of a Dream (Ragtime)
2. All That Jazz (Chicago)
3. Sunday (Sunday in the Park with George)
4. Christmas Lullaby (Songs for a New World)
5. Defying Gravity (Wicked)
-> Had to put DG.... sorry But that song always gives me chills... and always gets me.

re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
 Nov 28 2006, 02:14:27 AM
I am really suprised Madame Morrible is not on this list... I mean I think she is pretty much a clear villain and you have to love her Wicked Witch screaml... always gives me chills

But I would say some of the best
Scar - He KILLS MUSAFA damnit! lol ruins kids lives...
Mr. Cladwell
Glen from Wedding Singer... he is such a douche

re: Best Opening (Not Overture) Number in a Musical
 Nov 25 2006, 08:41:48 AM
I am reviving this thread :)

Anyways...

"Circle of Life" - Lion King [best song from the musical (with close second "Shadowland" and "He Lives in You")]

"We Dance" - Once on this Island [amazing]

"Prologue" - Ragtime [Honestly the best opening number in my eyes]

"Opening Night" - The Producers [for some reason I love this number...starts the comedy out right]

"The New World" - Songs for a New World [gives me chills]

"It's Your Weddin

re: What is the worst review you can give a show?
 Nov 25 2006, 07:42:27 AM
I remember when we watched poto...when the credits (the film vers. mind you) started to roll. They looked at me and simply said.

"Oh..."

lmao...I knew they didnt want to say anything bad assuming I would go crazy....it was the best word to sum up what they felt.

re: Most Demanding Broadway Roles
 Nov 25 2006, 07:15:55 AM
Honestly I know *gasp* a Disney musical...BUT

I am suprised nobody has even added Rafiki from Lion King.

Honestly...You get half a curtain rise, a full audience (from the massively huge dungoen theatre LK plays in) and one note to set the tone of the ENTIRE show.

I give whoever plays the part a lot of credit.

Now this is one of many...but one I felt should be added.

re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.
 Aug 13 2006, 06:10:37 PM
I saw Tina last week. She does not stand out...

I just feel that the main story...the love story is overshadowed by all of the side plots and the minor characters. They are much more entertaining and fun.

But that JMO.

re: Worst broadway or off-broadway musical/play you've ever seen?
 Aug 11 2006, 05:03:56 AM
I guess....I mean not that it was horrible or anything.

The Wedding Singer...I guess.

I have loved everything I have seen and this was the only show where I actually yawned and found myself kind of drifting to sleep.

NYC Trip Reviews
 Aug 10 2006, 05:08:58 AM
So I saw four shows in NYC on my trip. Here it goes.

So first of all dont tell me how dumb I am for not Sweeney...I know I know I know. I really wanted to but I got screwed Saturday Night and dinner went really late and a Serioes of crappy events I got out of the subway at 8:30...bah But anyways here is the rest:

Thursday
1 friend won Wicked Lotto...1 won Spelling Bee (I saw Spelling Bee...i already watched Wicked in LA)

AMAZING. It was great. Had all of the leads

New York Trip...Need some help.
 Jul 27 2006, 07:38:23 PM
So I am going to New York Aug. 1-9 and my friends all think Broadway is lame so I am gonna be a lone watcher. I already purchased a ticket for Chicago for Aug 5 the matinee. And I am taking them to see Wicked Thursday night because I figure Wicked is kind of a mainstreem musical that I think non theatre goers would enjoy. But what are the current student rushes. What do you recommend I am 18 year old guy. Thanks.
Hairspray Tour
 May 31 2006, 03:23:08 AM
The Hairspray tour, currently at the Pantages in LA is absolutely amazing. Never have I seen such a flawless cast. Always there is one person who seems to be a bit off but every character was amazingly cast. GO SEE IT. It is worth the money...amazing...amazing.
re: Hey guys... happy to see a WICKED post again? New review of the tour, click here :)
 Nov 24 2005, 06:57:08 PM
who would ever think we would appreciate a Wicked thread...
Being a bigger fan
 Nov 24 2005, 03:25:30 PM
I live in Orange County..saw the 9:55pm showing. Good audience. Mainly teens and people in their 20s. But i heard sooo much sniffling and crying. When people thought Mimi had died people were full on bawling. Great response. Everyone i talked to loved it. No1 Moo'd lol...but the theatre roared when Idina was
sucking the milk out haha

re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
 Nov 24 2005, 02:59:21 PM
Im sorry but i thought Rosario was absolutely amazing...i have a new crush
re: Rent movie - I know, I know
 Nov 2 2005, 11:50:06 PM
People in my choir (which is 350 students) are freaking out...and it has a buzz at my school...one of our clubs is going to see it for a field trip related event...

re: Favorite OffBway show?
 Oct 30 2005, 03:20:39 PM
Best ive seen: Little Shop

Best Recording: A...My Nam is Alice

A...My Name is Alice
 Oct 29 2005, 07:25:36 PM
I was wondering if the cast recording is still available? I really want it...Thanks any info is appreciated.
re: FCLO Aida Review 10-24
 Oct 26 2005, 01:43:23 AM
The Gods Love Nubia...the best song in Aida in my opinion. This is not only where Aida gets to shine (aside from Dance of the Robe), but also the cast gets to finally show their chops and characters.

What is huge lackluster borefest it was. Their female parts were lacking. Their Nehebka(misspelling?) was dreadful...sounded like Macy Gray dieing. And their cast lacked the power and raw emotion that is needed to really bring it to a new level.

Aida did an amazing job in the

FCLO Aida Review 10-24
 Oct 24 2005, 04:28:47 AM
So I am very tired I am just going to give a quick overview.

Aida: She had an amazing lower register...had such emotion and power...yet everytime she would go for the ending powerful notes (Dance of the Robe, The Gods Love Nubia, Easy as Life) it lacked power. It was missing something. It was on key and everything but it was just missing the chill-factor I really wanted out of her.

Amneris: Completely stole the show away. Her comedic timing was amazing, voice was stunning...She

re: Hocus Pocus The Musical?
 Oct 19 2005, 10:58:26 PM
one can only dream.......
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You