pixeltracker

Shows That Are Inappropriate for Children to See- Page 3

Shows That Are Inappropriate for Children to See

nodaybut2day2007
#50re: Shows That Are Inappropriate for Children to See
Posted: 8/23/05 at 3:30am

I saw RENT when I was 7 (woo OBC) and I didnt really understand most of the 'bad' stuff. I just enjoyed the music. Now I enjoy the story too. But I sat there for the full 2 and a half and hardly ever budged but that was just my thing.

And whoever said Phantom because it would scare the kids... your very right. I saw that when I was young too and screamed my head of

allamarane Profile Photo
allamarane
#51re: Shows That Are Inappropriate for Children to See
Posted: 8/23/05 at 4:07am

You know, it really bugs me when parents don't do any research before taking their kids to the theatre. Not only do many shows contain material that's inappropriate or a long running time, but there are practical considerations as well. Most theatres just aren't equipped for kids. It's really difficult for a child to sit in a theatre seat because, frankly, they're just too big. Very few theatres have cry rooms or other places where restless children can be taken during the performance.

It's the same way at the children's theatre I work for. So many of our adults assume that all our shows are appropriate for all ages, when that's just not the case. One of the most effective things we do is offer age-appropriate subscriptions for parents of young children-- that way, we don't end up with five year olds at our more mature shows. But the burden needs to remain on parents to know what they're exposing their kids to.

Hopping off the soapbox now...

"I know what the sunlight can be"

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#52re: Shows That Are Inappropriate for Children to See
Posted: 8/23/05 at 4:22am

isn't there a special week for Kids on Broadway???

http://www.kidsnightonbroadway.com/

check out this disclaimer
Some shows may not be appropriate for all ages. Avenue Q, Brooklyn the Musical, Chicago, La Cage aux Folles, The Producers, and Rent and contain mature themes and may be appropriate for younger audiences. Parents should use their discretion based on the maturity levels of their children.

Updated On: 8/23/05 at 04:22 AM

Videos