pixeltracker

What's the best song from "Sunset Blvd."???- Page 3

What's the best song from "Sunset Blvd."???

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#50re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 11:40am

"Surrender" is my favourite.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

rockfenris2005
#51re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 11:44am

Anyone who says Every Movie's a Circus is their favourite should be slapped in the face with a tuna

lol

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Sant
#52re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 11:47am

"Is it the live one from the video on Now and Forever?"

No, I think it's a studio version. But it sounds fantastic anyway!

rockfenris2005
#53re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 11:51am

Even MORE interesting...

I have to GOT to get that album

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Sant
#54re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 12:15pm

I hope you will get it. It has this 5th cd which is labeled "The Vaults" and it includes a lot of familiar melodies with unfamiliar lyrics... Like "Try It And See" (now known as "The King Herod's Song" from JCS), "Goodbye Seattle" ("Lotta Locomotion" from STARLIGHT) among others. And it also has this famous(?) recording of Evita's most famous song, titled "It's Only Your Lover Returning/All Through My Crazy And Wild Days/Don't Cry For Me Argentina"...

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#55re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 12:33pm

Sunset Blvd, With one Look and As If We Never Said Goodbye.

I keep waiting for the announcement to be made about a movie.

RentBoy86
#56re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 2:39pm

I like the Car Chase music (for some reason) and "Sunset Blvd"

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#57re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 8:34pm

I've only heard the LA recording, but I would strongly agree with "With One Look".

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)

rockfenris2005
#58re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/24/05 at 11:12pm

I love the Car Chase music too re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???

And Sant: I'm after the CD now. The Everly Brothers just released a version of A KISS IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE from their vaults. The demo is dated 1987. However, it's a totally different song: with just the same title: and lyrics AND music by Jim Steinman. However, some or a lot of the ideas are the same. Interesting that he would recycle that one...

PerforMeg Profile Photo
PerforMeg
#59re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/25/05 at 2:01am

"Sunset Boulevard" is my favorite. "As If We Never Said Goodbye" is also gorgeous. "Every Movie's a Circus" would be a cute song if the whole entire score didn't revolve around it. I also love "The Greatest Star of All" and "Salome".

rockfenris2005
#60re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/25/05 at 2:20am

Salome is very spooky. I love the whole gothic approach it takes, and that Norma's house is like this great functioning ghost: and she's the monster. I adore Greatest Star of All, not just because of the music... but the great liberties the lyric-writing takes. None of it really rhymes.. It's very spontaneous, like he's giving a speech sung to music. Don Black and Chris Hampton didn't pull this off quite as well in Dracula, although I still like The Quiet Life

Updated On: 10/25/05 at 02:20 AM

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#61re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/25/05 at 11:52am

the exit music

mcphan19 Profile Photo
mcphan19
#62re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/27/05 at 9:29am

With One Look, As If We Never Said Goodbye, and The Perfect Year, which Sarah Brightman sings beautifully on her newest CD
Also love The Lady's Paying

Robyn2
#63re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/27/05 at 11:06am

"As If We Never Said Goodbye"

I prefer the BBC Radio 2 version (from the Cork Operahouse) with Michael Ball and Emma Williams

jo
#64re: What's the best song from 'Sunset Blvd.'???
Posted: 10/27/05 at 8:15pm

I hope the BBC-Cork Operahouse version would be released. I didn't like Petula's singing too much but the voices of Michael Ball and Emma Williams were gorgeous.

Videos