SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#50re:
Posted: 12/3/05 at 11:21pm

Amen Jerseygirl!

GretchaSketh
#51re:
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:55am

This kind of post makes me really paranoid. I stage door a certain show a lot. But the actors seem to enjoy seeing me every time. I mean last night I went to dinner with one of them and it was their idea...not mine. I have made a few friends in shows and I'm not using the term losely for some people. I think some of you are going to think I'm nuts now but I DO consider these people my friends. We keep in touch through email and the phone and go to coffee. and I would never have made these friends if not for stage dooring. I really think there is a fine line. I don't think seeing a show again and again makes you a stalker. I mean when I go to the stage door after seeing the show I let them come to me. I talk to one of my friends who works there and most of the time they come to me. Just the other day I had one of the actors come up to me and my friend and thank us for coming to see the show so often and supporting them. I really think that becoming a stalker is not just seeing the show a bunch of times but when you expect the actors to talk to you before and after each performance and do things like follow them home. That is where the line is drawn. I think that going to a show a bunch of times just shows appriciation of the craft. I go to see this show a lot because I love to see the adlibs and the little things they do do spice up the show every night. Not because I NEED the actors to love me and remember me.

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

Videos