Eden Espinosa in Wicked

elphaboy Profile Photo
elphaboy
#50re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:21pm

I love Eden...i think she is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! I have tickest for her last performance on the 8th!!!!!!!!!!! i however happen to think Idina is one of the far more unimpressive ones...i don't like to be screamed at when im watching a show...she has a HUGE upper-regester controle issue...i find she, more times then none, shouts at the audiense rather then belting a song, she is screaming...and most of the time it is entirerly too hars to listen too...ive seen her twice and watched many videos...and 8 out of 10 videos i had to stop because they were just too painfull...

I think SJB happens to be one of the better ones...i'v seen her too...and i can see where she might seem like she is shouting...but even if it is shouting it wasn't NEARLY as painful as Idina's SCREAMING...SJB is a little more consistant w/ her sound when shes loud.

LOVE: Sho, Julia!!!!!, and Brandi.

I find Saycon to be just a little too soft for the role...she does an outstanding job but when i watch her she seems just a little too tymid

actor
#51re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:24pm

I don't understand how people can think that Idina is screaming, but think SJB is ok. Idina has a powerful voice. SJB screams the hell out of all the songs. There is a difference.

snl89
#52re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:29pm

oy, seriously, the only time I've really heard idina kind of SCREAM instead of SING is durring the tony dg performance, and I'm sure that was largely due to nerves and everything.

And I dont the SJB really screams either, from what I've heard, HOWEVER, I HATE the british accent she uses while singing. Really, she has quite a nice voice, but the accent (or maybe its just pronunciation of things) is just... not good, imo. It makes it seem like she's WAY overacting. haha. That said, she's very talented re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

actor
#53re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:32pm

Idina was screaming during the Tonys a tad bit. However, she was probably more nervous than any of us can imagine.

snl89
#54re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:33pm

exactly!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

neddyfrank2
#55re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:42pm

BTW- Carole Kane, Megan Hilty and Eden Espinosa have been confirmed for WICKED In LA

Joel Grey was in talks to come back, but I don't think the chances of him doing it are very great.

I think LA is going to get David Garrison

elphaboy Profile Photo
elphaboy
#56re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:51pm

thats good those 4 work well together...that'll be great...

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#57re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
Posted: 9/30/06 at 12:36am

elphaboy-
I agree. I think all four of them would be great in LA.

Videos