Steven Sater's Lyrics

sleepyguy1717
#50re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/07 at 6:32pm

"I don't mind when thwe lyrics echo what a teen might be saying, but in a lot of cases, they just don't make sense."

That was my biggest complaint, upon first listening to the album. I was not familiar with the plot and couldn't figure out what was going on. But then, after I got familar with the show, I grew to love the lyrics. I like the fact that they don't exactly tell the story straight forward like other musicals. The lyrics seem to be written with metaphors and imagery that makes you think, instead of directly telling the audience the characters concrete feelings. It makes it all the better to interprate. I like that.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#51re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/07 at 6:45pm

I find that Sater's lyrics often ruin Sheik's fantastic music in many songs from Spring Awakening.

Like in I Don't Do Sadness, that's some of the best music I've ever heard, but some of the worst lyrics.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

MarkRascati
#52re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:47pm

The lyrics are no doubt the worst part of Spring Awakening

Fanadu_Xtreme Profile Photo
Fanadu_Xtreme
#53re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:54pm

Not only do they paint remarkable images in your head, with your heart as a paintbrush, but they tell some of the most intense and real stories... so delicate and heavy.

LMAO.

COOOOLkid
#54re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:01am

Was the original poster being sarcastic? I can't tell.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Fanadu_Xtreme Profile Photo
Fanadu_Xtreme
#55re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/07 at 12:02am

EugLoven? Nope!!

i-heart-bway Profile Photo
i-heart-bway
#56re: Steven Sater's Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:19pm

this is unfair! that is an opinion.
like, my opinion, i think the worst part is Lea.
She's got a gorgeous voice...but her acting...not good.

Videos