pixeltracker

They Cast Sophie for the Mamma Mia movie!- Page 3

They Cast Sophie for the Mamma Mia movie!

e Profile Photo
e
#50They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:24pm

I loved what she did with her character in Veronica Mars

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#51They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:41pm

I say don't judge her till you've seen most of her work.
I think this is fab! She's going to be wonderful.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#52They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:02pm

Hm. Interesting choice.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

enjolrasissex Profile Photo
enjolrasissex
#53They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:12pm

Apparently, she spent two years training in classical opera.

You're also a trained singer?

SEYFRIED
Yeah, I've been doing it longer than acting. I was always into singing. I trained with a Broadway voice coach for nearly five years, and spent two years training for classical opera. It actually started when I sang in a school play.

Seyfried Interview

Who's stoned? I am merely travelling incognito.

withoutlovewithoutU
#54They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:14pm

Sweet! I didn't know that.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#55They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:17pm

The interesting thing from the same interview is the quote directly after the one the previous poster listed:

"Have you ever been able to use it professionally?

SEYFRIED
I've auditioned for roles that involved voice, but I don't like it. I feel like, I can't do this in front of you. It seems so separate — I don't share it with a lot of people. And I'm not into public performances. I'd have to be with a band that played really loud music behind me. I'm also 20 now, and I haven't trained since I was 17."

It looks like she'll have to get over her nerves if this is indeed true.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#56They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 5:54pm

OK - looking good

That's OK Weez They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!

Over the Moon Profile Photo
Over the Moon
#57They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 5:58pm

well i havn't seen her in Veronica Mars or Big Love but to me shes type casted...

withoutlovewithoutU
#58They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:26pm

Well I highly recomend see her on those two shows, and the SVU episode.

Kringas
#59They Casted 'Sophie' for the Mamma Mia Movie!
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:53pm

well i havn't seen her in Veronica Mars or Big Love but to me shes type casted...

It's still cast.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Videos