pixeltracker

The Official "I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH" Thread- Page 3

The Official "I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH" Thread

AndAllThatJazz22
#50re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 10:25pm

I am not a word of mouth critic! The point is that the word of mouth panel (for the most part) shows me why shows that I (as a die hard theatre goer) love flop.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#51re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/8/08 at 10:46pm

Then you work for Broadway.com.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

GIZMO2 Profile Photo
GIZMO2
#52re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:23pm

ha! My thoughts EXACTLY.

These people are only around to sell tickets on the web site. Rarely, if ever, do they present an idea worth listening to. They are awful. Really. Awful.

AndAllThatJazz22
#53re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:24pm

No! I don't!

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#54re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:40pm

Going off of what AndAllThatJazz22 was trying to address, what we're not readily admitting is that these "random" people actually do represent a lot of the ticket-buying public. Idiots or not, they are more and more becoming the litmus test for finding the right commodity to bring to the stage.

And as they become more and more conservative in their taste, so will producers wanting to not challenge them with an investment that may will fail out of the starting gate.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 11/9/08 at 12:40 PM

Videos