News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
Member Name: everythingtaboo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 10:24:43 PM

binau said: "I might be repeating myself with this question but has anyone seen bothAto Blankson-Wood and Omari Douglas in the role? The reason I ask is because I swear the way people describe Ato it's also how I felt about Omari - so I'm wondering if the common link is actually the direction of the character and not the actor."

Can't speak for Omari, but I did see Nathan Ives Moiba, and his Cliff was such an energy suck that I thought maybe this was his

Telecharge interactive seating map issues?
 Jul 22 2024, 01:41:49 PM

It's awful. You can't read it first off. We try to book accessible seats, and it only shows the first three options. Hit "show more" nothing happens. You try to do the search again or refresh to try to see the same seats? Your IP address is flagged and you have to call them.

Also, I feel like it's been like this even before the latest upgrade, but why offer the multiple performance option if you can't go back to one you've look at before without it fr

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 04:49:00 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "imeldasturn said: "Mmm she claims to be the first Latina playing the role but didn't Rita Moreno do it in London almost 30 years ago?"

Indeed. EGOT Rita Moreno played the role in the London production for a vacationing Petula Clark for several weeks in September and October 1996:

"

It's an easy oversight. Only two months, close to the end of the show's run, and Rita wasn't exactly in the career renaissance she's enjoying now. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:48:06 PM

Not gonna lie, Bowman was kind of a meh choice IMO to take on a big alternate role. Gonzalez, on the other hand, is an extremely pleasant surprise. And I have to say, having both the main and alternate Norma not being played by the typically white leading ladies is refreshing. 

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 9 2024, 01:52:28 PM

Sure because second from the stage and second row from the back are entirely the same experience.

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 8 2024, 07:11:28 PM

stagepotato said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Or, and hear me out, you had different experiences because of where you were sitting! Strange concept, I know."

We could have been sitting next to each other or in the same row.
"

Because I guess it matters, I was in Orchestra Left Row N.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 8 2024, 01:39:34 PM

Maybe I just missed it, but how is the show as, you know, a musical? Like I get the production is great, and they've done all these things to it. But is the score just kind of lost in the sauce, or besides the point?

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 8 2024, 01:37:28 PM

Saw it Saturday afternoon. Definitely lived up to the hype, it was a delight.

Not so much of a delight? The audience, I couldn't tell if alcohol or general obnoxiousness, was one of those that you can tell were determined to let everyone know what a good time they were having. Was it a competition with other audience members? Who knows. All I know is that pockets of braying mules insistent on laughing long after the joke, or with anticipation of the next, so loud that you coul

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 7 2024, 08:24:25 PM

Adding all the seating and vendors to Times Square has turned it into a crowded, loitering hellscape. The constant construction isn't helping things.

I miss the days when it was just folding tables and chairs.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jul 3 2024, 01:28:18 PM

Auliʻi Cravalho? This is going to be very awkward for the parents who have to tell their kids they can't see Moana on Broadway?

Why did High Fidelity Flop?
 Jul 2 2024, 08:42:08 PM

I recall seeing it and enjoying a lot of it. But I also remember not being as impressed as I left the group sales presentation. I also remember finding Jay Klaitz' character absolutely insufferable. 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 26 2024, 10:09:14 PM

I love Borle and happy he's working. But even he isn't going to make me pay to see this.

Slave Play. Not a movie. A play.
 Jun 24 2024, 01:29:43 PM

Remembe when JOH basically nosedived Center Theatre Group's entire season? That was fun.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 01:35:06 PM

I bought a ticket for July 15, when Marty Lauter is playing the Emcee. There were more tickets, they were cheaper, and after seeing him last night, I think I dodged a bullet.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 11 2024, 01:25:56 PM

Welp, the final nail in the coffin...

Paul Giamatti Boards ‘Star Trek: Starfleet Academy’

Starts filming late this summer.

What would happen if Parade was mounted today?
 Jun 8 2024, 09:14:48 AM

As that Time Out article in the other thread reminded me, previews of the revival opened with Neo-Nazi protestors passing out antisemitic information. While I don't think it would've stopped the production from being mounted, I wonder if that's ever part of the conversation when deciding when to mount.

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 7 2024, 01:54:45 PM

It only just occurred to me Tony Sunday is also Father's Day. Does that Act One show on Pluto get replayed? I'm worried I won't be home in time for it. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 4 2024, 11:42:13 AM

Does anyone of if Neuwirth or Skybell have any time off coming? I'd like to see the show for them. 

The Rise, Fall & Comeback of Sara Gettelfinger
 Jun 3 2024, 01:35:23 PM

Saw Water for Elephants yesterday and didn't realize she was in the show, I was so excited to see her back on Broadway. I was wondering where she'd been, what an incredible story of coming back.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 01:54:25 PM

I really don't want "star" names in this. Let's keep it to theatre people. Audra is entitled to be the biggest name here.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You