News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AndAllThatJazz22

AndAllThatJazz22 Profile Photo
Member Name: AndAllThatJazz22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: PM me anytime!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dollywood Productions  Jan 2 2011, 11:09:51 AM
Very odd question for the Broadway board, but yes I have seen some shows in the past (not christmas season). They're cute and entertaining, but it's definitely theme park entertainment. Their shows in the Spring (Festival of Nations) are far superior to any of their other shows. If on not mistaken, their shows during the Festival of Nations are actually tour companies and NOT actual Dollywood productions.
Gavin looooooove  Nov 8 2010, 08:45:05 PM
Oh, the memories that this thread brings.
Roles they DIDN'T get....  Nov 7 2010, 06:36:49 PM
Michelle Pfeiffer was also in consideration for the EVITA film, but wanted production to take place in a Hollywood studio as opposed to on location filming (which was the director's preference).

David Yazbeck as a songwriter  Nov 6 2010, 12:14:41 PM
David Yazbeck is a victim of the mediocre syndrome. I feel that he has written many great songs (particularly some of his work in DRS), but the majority of his music is very plain and average. Sometimes I hear his music and I know it's there. It's as if I'm not even listening to it.

Reidel: 'RENT' to be revived off-B'way next June  Nov 6 2010, 12:10:26 PM
I wouldn't quite say that RENT changed my life in a way that shaped me to become a new human being, but RENT is the show that got me into live theatre. I'm not a different person because of RENT, but the influence that my love of theatre has had on me over the years has been rather significant, and for that reason a lone, I would say that RENT has changed my life. Personally, I think it's in poor taste to mount a major NYC production so soon, but RENT has a fan base that's active enough to make
Spring Awakening Tour  Oct 14 2010, 12:24:13 PM
HeyMrMusic, what instrument do you play? I'm a violinist (as well as a singer and pianist). I've done orchestra pits before, so I sort of have a soft spot for the under-appreciated musicians of Broadway shows/tours. I can't way to see this show at the Tennessee Theatre this spring!
Amanda Palmer as the Emcee in A.R.T's 'Cabaret'  Sep 6 2010, 10:39:37 AM
It's painful how exciting this sounds.
'Passing Strange' Review from DC, It survives without Stew  Aug 18 2010, 08:43:41 PM
How did I not hear about this until now?
Toughest roles to sing  Aug 14 2010, 02:13:34 PM
Please excuse me if there have already been threads on this. The search feature is not being nice to me today.

I was having a conversation on this with a friend and I completely went blank. For the women, I wanna say "Eva" in Evita. For the men? I can't even think.

Laura Benanti Joins 'Women on the Verge' Musical  Aug 4 2010, 05:12:53 PM
Just the facto that d'Adree is coming back to Broadway is enough satisfy me. The rest of this? Icing.
Superman in Dallas Video  Jul 15 2010, 10:14:17 PM
Well... those two guys look cuter than ever.
Best and Worst Show You've Ever Seen  Jul 15 2010, 08:52:30 PM
Best(tie): Hair (2009 Revival) and Avenue Q
Worst (tie): Camelot (2009-2010 tour) and Beauty and the Beast (2009-2010 Tour)

Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson coming to Broadway  Jul 15 2010, 08:48:07 PM
I really like the concept of this musical. I find it to be very innovative and exciting. I wish the show and it's team the best of luck!
Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature  Jul 15 2010, 08:44:46 PM
I don't see anything racist in this video. I don't really see anything funny, either.
GLEE, Morrison, Michele, Tony Awards, Chenoweth & More Receive 2010 Emmy No  Jul 14 2010, 06:43:33 PM
"he plays a likable character but i think the only reason most ppl love him so much on this board is because he's gay"

I actually see the validity within this point, but I beg to differ. Kurt is the emotional core of the show. His character is always the one that makes the audiences feel emotional and gushy inside.

Most overrated shows?  Jul 14 2010, 06:39:26 PM
The popular of CATS has never failed to confuse me.
Boring Shows  Jun 29 2010, 08:58:24 AM
I'm prepared to get slammed for this, but I couldn't even FINISH the DVD of "Sunday in the Park With George". As for boring shows that I've actually seen live, Camelot and Beauty and the Beast tie for the prize (then again, the productions I saw were TERRIBLE).
What is the biggest misconception about Broadway?  Jun 21 2010, 10:23:43 PM
I had many misconceptions, the biggest one being that there was one Broadway Theatre that played a different musical every night.
Gavin Creel 'Quiet' EP NOW on iTunes US!  Jun 21 2010, 10:06:30 PM
I like the more acoustic vibe on this album. Simple, great songs... that are well sung. I think it's beautiful.
The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread  Jun 13 2010, 11:41:55 PM
The lackluster Tony Awards were only a reflection of the 2009-2010 season.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You