antonijan
#50re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/4/07 at 3:43pm

cheeze...try http://www.shnsf.com like what Jarrett said ;p

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#51re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/4/07 at 6:34pm

I can't believe we are actually getting the tour in Louisville, KY! Having seen Lupone twice, I look forward to seeing Kaye's take on the role.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#52re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/6/07 at 4:10pm

Yay for one standby starring in the tour! Too bad it's not Merwin though, he was the one Michael referred to as the most underused talent or something in the final production, that would have been funny.

Here's hoping for more!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#53re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/6/07 at 5:44pm

I wasn't sure if I was going to see this, but I'd love to see Kaye in the role. Though I highly doubt she'll top Patti.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#54re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/6/07 at 6:29pm

I bet several of the ensemble from the Bway show will be touring. What do you all think? Although most likely not Mano. Just a hunch.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#55re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:06am

Broadway acrross america hardly ever has the correct dates...and they NEVER list the full tour dates...I dont rely on them at ALL

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

passionfly
#56re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/7/07 at 2:35pm

There's actually a few David Hesses out there. The psychotic one is mostly a film actor who does mostly B-grade horror films. Apparently he's with the union as David A. Hess, but never uses his initial so it creates alot of confusion. There's also a playwright David Hess.

The Sweeney Todd David Hess I found on IMDB as David Hess(II). I actually think he's in Chicago now doing Shenandoah at the Marriott Theatre. I read a Chicago Tribune review that was pretty good.

passionfly
#57re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:04pm

I also think that the Sweeney Tour is going to be here in Chicago at the Auditorium at Roosevelt University sometime in late April or early May or both? Trying to double check that. It's a big ol' place . . . seats 4200.

Videos