pixeltracker

Brooke Shields in "Wonderful Town" - How bad was she?- Page 3

Brooke Shields in "Wonderful Town" - How bad was she?

JMVR Profile Photo
JMVR
#50re: Brooke Shields in 'Wonderful Town' - How bad was she?
Posted: 8/11/07 at 1:31pm

Brooke was VERY good in the part. She handled the songs well, did wonders with the comedic moments and was generally lovable. She performed with gusto, elegance and confidence.

As has been said before she has been credited with keeping that cast and crew employed for a good 6-7 months.

She was also very gracious at the stage door.

The meat is always leaner on somebody else's dinner plate!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#51re: Brooke Shields in 'Wonderful Town' - How bad was she?
Posted: 8/11/07 at 5:41pm

I respectfully disagree. Murphy's "One Hundred Easy Ways" remains one of the funniest renditions of a number I've seen, especially during the last verse, when she does the whole "I'm afraid you've made a grammatical error" schtick, she was pure comic genius. As much as I love Rosalind Russell's Ruth Sherwood, Murphy's "Conga" is my absolute favorite out of all the WONDERFUL TOWN cast recordings I've listened to.
Her Tony performance of "Swing" was superb.
I think it's funny when people say that Donna Murphy is strictly a dramatic actress, most people forget that she started in comedies. She earned fantastic reviews in SHOWING OFF (her performance in the cast recording is hilarious), she played Audrey in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, and BIRDS OF PARADISE.
Having said all that, Ruth Sherwood belongs to Rosalind Russell who the role was tailored for.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jojo1973
#52re: Brooke Shields in 'Wonderful Town' - How bad was she?
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:10pm

I thought she was wonderful. I loved her in it. She was funny as anything and not a bad singer

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#53re: Brooke Shields in 'Wonderful Town' - How bad was she?
Posted: 8/11/07 at 11:44pm

Not to mention her turn in the music hall (needs a revival NOW) romp THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

Videos