News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JMVR

JMVR Profile Photo
Member Name: JMVR
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 29 2022, 04:01:11 PM

QueenAlice said: "A question -- purely academic, not suggesting or advocating or even insinuating this could happen -- has there ever been a case of a major above the title star being replaced in previews prior to opening of a major Broadway musical or revival?"

Jeffrey Tambor in La Cage. If memory serves, her was replaced by Chris Seiber after one performance. Of course this was an already running revival, but he was an above-the-title-star and there was a lot of pu

Cabaret previews  Apr 6 2014, 10:49:30 PM
I was desperately trying to get an orch table for this Sunday's matinee but the only thing available online were bar rails. I waited and monitored the web page and on Friday at around 9 pm, the tables that were reserved for VIP donors but had not been sold were released for purchase and I was able to buy table 151 which is a perfect seat. So a little patience and perseverance pay off.
Cabaret Seating  Mar 29 2014, 10:02:59 AM
Enjoy the show Rocker! Please let us know how the view was from your seat
Cabaret Seating  Mar 28 2014, 12:33:45 PM
I am trying to buy tickets for the Sunday Matinee (Apr 6). Their website offers only last row orchestra (which says it's obstructed). There are some tables available only to subscribers. Here are my questions: just HOW obstructed is the view from those last row orch seats? Is it just that you can't see the top of the stage? My other question is how likely is it that they may release those 6 unsold tables for purchase by the general public? It's only a week away, so I suppose most subscribers wo
Les Mis - teaser trailer for the Cannes Film Festival.  May 13 2012, 11:19:52 AM
Isn't that the same thing they did with the Bette Midler "Gypsy" ? I thought she was supposed to have sung live on the set, with the orchestra added later.
Bianca Marroquin is Mary Poppins in Mexico City  Apr 23 2012, 06:51:01 AM
I apologize for double posting - internet issues.

Bianca Marroquin is Mary Poppins in Mexico City  Apr 23 2012, 06:50:49 AM
Although I think she is one of the all-around best Roxies in Chicago, I don't think that singing in keys meant for a Julie Andrews type shows her voice to her best advantage. She already did The Sound of Music in Mexico City and her high notes sounded way too strained in my opinion. She would have been a great Rosie in the By Bye Birdie revival and would be amazing in other roles, I am just not sure that this role is a good fit for her. I am very curious about casting for Bert.
re: Margaret Hamilton/A Little Night Music  Nov 18 2011, 06:45:26 PM
How was she in the stage Wizard of Oz? I never knew this!
re: Margaret Hamilton/A Little Night Music  Nov 16 2011, 10:12:00 PM
Was there huge entrance applause for Hamilton or was she not as appreciated then as she is now?
Nice Work lands Broadway Theatre?  Nov 4 2011, 06:47:26 AM
Now that Funny Girl is not opening, maybe they could get the Imperial instead?
Is Peter Pan coming back to broadway?  Oct 20 2011, 06:51:34 AM
I saw this production a few months ago and trust me . . . Cathy Rigby's still got it! She was great in the part and brought so much warmth, energy and fun to the role that her age really doesn't matter.
MEXICAN cast recordings  Oct 16 2011, 01:55:28 AM
If you listen to the official ACL recording, you will notice that "What I Did For Love" is sung by the same actress that plays Cassie. This is because the actress that was supposed to play Morales chose to audition for a more lucrative opportunity when the LP was recorded, so they had Olivia Bucio -who played Cassie sing the other song as well, since she was the best singer.

There are also official recordings of Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Man of La Mancha, TWO different product

The Official Kennedy Center FOLLIES Thread  May 14 2011, 06:17:02 PM
aasjb4ever, there were about fifteen people at the stage door. You can make it without rushing. Most performers just take a leisurely walk across the street to The Watergate, so unlike NY, they are not rushing out the stage door. BP did have a car waiting but since again, unlike NYC the car is not on the street taking up one lane but in the Kennedy Center's huge motor lobby, she was in no particular hurry. Good luck!
The Official Kennedy Center FOLLIES Thread  May 14 2011, 12:00:00 AM
Just saw the show. I don't want to repeat what has been said already; but overall incredible, and I agree with other posters who say Regine was subpar. I actually wonder if she was sober because she seemed to have no intention of selling the song or putting any sort of thought or feeling into it. And it's not exactly Rose's Turn, so how hard can it be to muster some enthusiasm for this short and silly number?

Elaine Paige was great but messed up the lyrics. Instead of "I've run the gamu

Songs about the Mail/Post Office/Letters  Nov 19 2010, 06:59:12 AM
"The Most Happy Fella" (the song itself) starts with a postman singing about delivering the mail.

Maybe "the wells Frago Wagon" from The Music Man?

"Tell Me on a Sunday" has a lot of letter-writing songs.

Billy Eliott has a letter song as well.

Beauty and the Beast national tour - My Reivew  Oct 26 2010, 09:04:07 PM
When and why did they change the logo? The "Beauty and the Beast" font is different in a new version of the logo I've seen.
La Cage Album :D  Sep 29 2010, 02:04:07 PM
I really liked it but - whre's the overture? That short prologue just doesn't do it for me. I wonder why they cut the overture that you hear in the theater?
Pre-order LA CAGE AUX FOLLES 2010 Cast Recording + Track Listings  Aug 3 2010, 09:32:26 PM
NO overture? No promenade? No entr'Acte? This would have been a wonderful opportunity to record ALL the music from the show once and for all and would even give people who might not be fans of this production an incentive to buy the CD. Oh well, I'm glad they're doing it anyway...
Roles played by both genders in major productions  Aug 2 2010, 02:19:50 PM
Lilliane LA Fleur in Nine. The libretto actually provides alternate lines depending on who plays the role.
Fiddler Tour Lately?  May 12 2010, 09:45:16 PM
Harvey was good here in DC but hamming it up big time. I say him on Broadway opposite Rosie and I think she kind of made him keep that in check but now he is totally playing it for laughs right up until "Far From the Home I Love". He is funny and def has star presence but if you want nuance and depth, keep the memory of seeing him on Broadway!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You