pixeltracker

Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???- Page 3

Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#50re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:20pm

I think Banderas is my choice too, ray... only because I don't think Clooney can "be Italian" enough. But he would guarantee a huge opening, and in many respects he would be a perfect Guido. I just don't know that we would buy him as "Guido."

Bardem is an inspired choice, and he can certainly carry a film... but he's about as "box office" as Eve Plumb.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#51re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:30pm

George Clooney is almost too obvious as Guido...except for the Italian part.
I think after Banderas, Depp and Bardem are my favorite choices. You're right about Bardem though but I thought if they filled the movie with the likes of Catherine Z. Jones, Judi Dench, Ann Hathaway, etc. they could afford to cast Bardem. Really, at this point in Banderas' career I'm not sure he's even much of a draw. When was the last time he opened a successful movie? The only two that I think have some sort of audience guaranteed would be Clooney and Depp.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#52re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:35pm

Some actors cast in musical movies aren't really in their "hot" moment though, Richard Gere in Chicago for example, he was pretty forgotten, but of course Chicago is an exception, I don't know if it would have done as well, if it hadn't won the Oscar. It sure deserved its success though.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#53re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:41pm

I agree, muscle, and the same could be said about Travolta.

I think they want a movie star that's instantly recognizable, more than a "hot" star.

Of course, if they can have BOTH, they why not?

But Travolta hasn't been making blockbusters for many years now... but he still works all the time, and he's still a household name.

I think Banderas (who at least has the Shrek sequels to brag about) is a known "movie star" who could sing, act and be convincing as Guido Contini. He's easy on the eyes, the right age to be going through the midlife crisis... and he's charismatic enough (and then some) to carry this film.

He's my first choice.

muscle23ftl
#54re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:45pm

Im totally going off topick, but you say he is easy on the eye, I find him as sexy as a cup of coffee.
I don't find him attractive at all.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ray-andallthatjazz86
#55re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:48pm

You're certainly in the minority. I think Banderas oozes sex appeal, he's the ideal Guido Contini, IMO. We know he can sing the score, we know he can act it, we know he is a recognized actor, and we know he earned positive notices when he played the role on Broadway, why anyone else besides him is being considered for the role baffles me.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

muscle23ftl
#56re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:50pm

Im not saying he is not good for the role though, he'd be great!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#57re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:57pm

Judi Dench as LaFleur? Really?

I suppose that would mean Folies Bergeres is cut unless Dench can pull off the accent?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#58re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 9:06pm

They should replace it with a big "Pearlie" number in its place! Dench can do the Music Hall thing. Maybe they can all do the Lambeth Walk!!! Lillian Potter leading the way!

"Up in a balloon, boys! Up in a balloon!"

"Oy!!"

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#59re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 9:07pm

Oh besty, you're scaring me.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#60re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 9:15pm

Okay, Besty, I'm on the phone and burst out in laughter after reading your comment.
I wonder what will happen with "Follies Bergeres," I mean the whole reason the number was written was because they got an actual Follies girl in the show. I doubt the number will make it into the film, the idea of ultra-British Dame Dench singing about being in the Follies Bergeres is just a bit odd.

LoringsGuy
#61re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 8/12/07 at 9:50pm

Careful, guys---we're straying pretty far off topic...

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

stanton
#62re: Betty Schaefer in Sunset BLVD Movie. Who Should Play Her???
Posted: 10/24/07 at 8:08pm

As long as they can sing I don't care who they cast

I wish I could sing.

Videos