pixeltracker

If you had directed "The Phantom of the Opera"- Page 4

If you had directed "The Phantom of the Opera"

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#75re: If you had directed 'The Phantom of the Opera'
Posted: 1/4/05 at 6:59pm

I think they did! Did they not? I might be wrong. The recording on the CD is the exact same used for the movie. And they were in the sound studio recording the songs on the making of thingy on the DVD.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#76re: If you had directed 'The Phantom of the Opera'
Posted: 1/4/05 at 7:00pm

ah I didnt think so! so all this time Ive been living a lie..lol

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

InTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
#77re: If you had directed 'The Phantom of the Opera'
Posted: 1/5/05 at 3:16am

"The father aspect was not as prevelant in the show, but in the movie Raoul even says "This thing is not your father!" to Christine.."

I think you'll find that's in the stage version too. Listen to the OCR - it's definitely there. Just before the fireballs.

sharon1
#78re: If you had directed 'The Phantom of the Opera'
Posted: 1/5/05 at 9:26am

1. Find West End/Broadway performers who can actually sing and perform the roles starting with Michael Crawford, Hugh Panaro, John Owen Jones, Colm Wilkinson, Michael McCarthy, Michael Ball
A voice here is needed that is supposed to be hypnotic and captivating. Plus it has a whole range of emotions it has to go thru
2. Is age important in the Phantom. i.e. Michael Crawford, and Colm Wilkinson Personally I always felt he was ageless but I may have missed that in the book.
3. How good of a singer does Christine have to be? I would guess phenomenal. The kind of voice, that in this day and age, if you were channel surfing, you would stop and have a listen. Not quite there in this endeavor
4. Raoul is a grey area. In current film very weak. You would need a brilliant voice and serious appeal to make his character very strong.
5. The supporting characters. Frankly I liked them all in this film. More could have been done with Piangi. But I can't help but think of Alan Cumming.
6. I have always loved masquerade in the show. I like it in this film but I just know it could have been better. Brighter more contrast
Of course I am not a director, just a fan of stage and screen. In the long run, I just hope this film brings more people to the theatre.

Videos