News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Kelly Clarkson starring in a revival of Funny Girl?- Page 4

Kelly Clarkson starring in a revival of Funny Girl?

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#75re: bjivie2's suggestions
Posted: 1/11/05 at 6:44pm

I am not lying when I say I nearly shed a tear....someone pass me the kleenex!

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#76re: bjivie2's suggestions
Posted: 1/11/05 at 8:04pm

Yay for someone liking my ideas! She'd also be great as Tracy in Hairspray. Or she could be Sheila! (Originally Shoshana Bean's role, they added a Welcome to the 60's playoff for this role to riff over... mmm... Kelly Clarkson riffing...)

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

JJsugar
#77re: bjivie2's suggestions
Posted: 1/12/05 at 3:28am

here is a Kleenex!

i saw 'funny girl' the movie i was referring to in my post was the movie...i was about 5 years old maybe or soo? i had no idea who barabra striesand was at that age and my parents never mentioned her!

so i was just a Kid and found her very funny and interesting in the movie! her singing obviously was a lot of fun and my first song i sang as a kid over and over was 'people'... so what can i say i'm a long time Barabra fan ! her and judy garland were just amazing to me very charsmatic! sure it is a long movie maybe now a day's we are use to fast paced movies!

oh well... i'm going to cry to ! 'memories' like the corner of my mind..lalala!
of the way we were...can it be that life is soo simple then? or has time re-written every line...oh i'm tearing up now!

i'll watch kelly on Tv in her appearances, i'm not sure i would pay $ 90 bucks though to see her try her hand at a broadway show...

i did hear that Diana degarmo will be doing some Disney special soon that is the word out on the idol boards! off topic sorry just came to mind i heard this today! i like Diana degarmo she is a nice girl and very talented i thought!

JJsugar
#78re: bjivie2's suggestions
Posted: 1/12/05 at 3:38am

another favorite movie of mine as a kid was 'my fair lady'! now that was great also! i like broadway shows don't get me wrong, but some of my very favorites of all time were movies! white christmas, wizard of oz, my fair lady, sound of music! on and on! i love movies the classics gene kelly and debbie renolyds 'singing in the rain'... the magic of movies is something that is amazing really! but i do appreciate a good theater play or musical!

good nite all..

#79re: bjivie2's suggestions
Posted: 1/12/05 at 10:08am

I think Kelly has a great voice, but as Fanny Brice? I don't think she has the "edge". My personal preference for such a "big" character would be Sutton Foster. I think she would be perfect vocally and, she also can appear a bit gawky (in a good way)---as Fanny was.

Videos