News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bjivie2

bjivie2 Profile Photo
Member Name: bjivie2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is the Fela rush general or student?  Oct 29 2009, 03:52:25 PM
Where are the rush tickets located? And does anyone know about how many people show up to claim the rush seats?
ZANNA, DON'T! opens in Seattle tonight  Jun 27 2008, 11:51:24 AM
Seattle Times: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thearts/2008019232_zanna27.html
Seattle PI: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/theater/368549_fanf27.html
Playbill: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118792.html
BWW: https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=29195

SUGAR by Jule Styne question  Nov 30 2007, 03:39:53 PM
What would you consider the Leads, Supporting Actors, and Featured Ensemble members of the show? Someone is entering it into an high school competition and we're trying to figure out the categories they should go in.
re: CABARET revisal script  Oct 24 2007, 01:30:18 PM
MTI doesn't license Cabaret, Tams-Witmark does. And T-W only has the original and the 1987 revisal.

I'll just break down and buy the coffee table book. Ah well.

re: CABARET revisal script  Oct 24 2007, 01:25:38 PM
It's for reference, no worries. We want to be able to read it without the weird formatting they have on those coffee table books.

re: New Little Mermaid Photos  Oct 24 2007, 01:24:19 PM
You're basing your opinion of the current designs on old out-of-date designs?

If you haven't seen the current designs, you can't HAVE an opinion.

re: CABARET revisal script  Oct 24 2007, 01:16:08 PM
If it was solely for my enjoyment and if I had the money, I totally would, but it's for the theatre I work for, they just want the script and don't care about the pictures/interviews/whatever else.

And Tams doesn't have the version I'm looking for. We've got all the Tams versions of the script/score.

CABARET revisal script  Oct 24 2007, 01:08:48 PM
Is there a published version of the Roundabout CABARET revisal that is just the script? I don't want the coffee table book with all the pictures and stuff. Tams-Witmark only has the original and the 1987 revisal.
Andrew Lloyd Webber - how many people total have seen his shows?  Oct 16 2007, 05:33:57 PM
I'm researching Andrew Lloyd Webber for an upcoming evening at the theatre I work at and I'm trying to get an estimated number of people that have seen an Andrew Lloyd Webber show. I've got some show-specific stats (over 60 million have seen Cats, over 80 million have seen Phantom, etc.) but wondering if anyone has run past a stat about ALL ALW shows? Any idea?
Madwoman of Central Park West?  Aug 28 2007, 08:11:41 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about the 1979 one woman show starring Phyllis Newman (aka Mrs. Adolph Green) that had music by such luminaries as Leonard Bernstein, Kander & Ebb, Bock & Harnick, Mary Rodgers, Stephen Sondheim, Ed Kleban, et all? I'm wondering if they all wrote songs for her or if she simply sang pre-existing songs by these composers and lyricsts. Does anyone know where I could find a song list for the show?
re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews  Aug 25 2007, 06:15:23 PM
THE STRANGER is an alternative newspaper that comes out weekly. Not the audience that Young Frankenstein is going for. They tend to hate everything that's not either outlandishly perverse or overly artistic. Young Frankenstein just isn't their cup of tea, and anyone from Seattle could have told you that last year when the show announced the previews in Seattle. (they also reviewed a preview, not a performance)

Misha Berson's smart review in the Seattle Times would be a much more typical

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Preview 2  Aug 10 2007, 01:32:53 AM
Megan was nothing but lovely, personable and humble at the stage door, and nothing but hilarious, commanding and inventive on stage. I can't wait to see what the final product in New York is of her performance if I got that at the second preview out of town.

If I didn't say it, "Puttin' On The Ritz" got a standing ovation when I saw it. It's pretty fantastic and innovative.

And the show has the leggiest chorus girls I've ever seen. Christopher Fitzgerald barely goes up to thei

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Preview 2  Aug 9 2007, 12:30:21 PM
I think it's "previewing" for most of the run. It might only be "open" for the last week or so, which would be end of August/early September.
re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Preview 2  Aug 9 2007, 04:09:11 AM
Sutton Foster can't dance? Kidding. The woman was fantastic in her dance numbers. I don't know if we saw the same show...

One also has to keep in mind that this is the second preview of their OUT-OF-TOWN TRYOUT. Performances are bound to change.

And I think that this is the response that the show is going to get. Almost every major character got entrance applause. The movie is VERY famous, so of course there are going to be anticipations and reactions unlike a completely origin

re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Preview 2  Aug 9 2007, 03:39:02 AM
Costumes are great. William Ivey Long doing his great work as usual. There's not much for AMAZING costumes in the show. It's just not a big costume show. They all look great. Megan and Sutton have some fun costumes.
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Preview 2  Aug 9 2007, 03:05:37 AM
Hey guys. Little mini SPOILERS so watch out...

The show is in great shape. It's 3 hours long, but you actually don't notice it. There's obviously things that need changing, mostly cutting. It just needs trimming.

There's quite a lot of Tony-worthy material in the show. Roger Bart, Christopher Fitzgerald and Megan Mullaly are both serious competition to win the Tony. Shuler Hensley, Sutton Foster and Andrea Martin are all possibilities for nominations. Fred Applegate is wonderfu

Concert of new Broadway-bound composer's work...  Jul 27 2007, 07:28:50 PM
Mostly for Seattleites, but I'm sure more of you will be interested in this. If you can make it come support! It's AMAZING music and FANTASTIC Seattle performers...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=19800

THE SONGS OF DAVID A. AUSTIN
Saturday, July 28 at 8pm
Ethnic Cultural Theatre
3940 Brooklyn Ave NE in the U District (Seattle)
Only $10! www.brownpapertickets.com or at the door

David A. Austin is a composer-lyricist-librettist-performer who recently relocated from Seattle to New York. He is a member of the BMI Workshop in New York, and his upcoming musical Writing Arthur is taking steps towards Broadway produced by producers of Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde and The Drowsy Chaperone.

Over the past year, Austin has been working with Jennifer Maloney, a Tony Award winning producer of Spring Awakening, as well as Legally Blonde and Chita Rivera, A Dancer's Life, and Roy Miller, the Tony Award nominated producer of The Drowsy Chaperone. Cast members have ranged from Sutton Foster to Ana Gasteyer to Nancy Opel and Stephen DeRosa as the show has been through two workshops in New York, through TheatreWorks Palo Alto. He is a proud member of the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Writer's workshop. Along with Writing Arthur, he is also writing the music and lyrics to: Lila with esteemed playwrights Russ Weatherford and Carolyn Graupner Kennedy. Albums of his musicals include: Every Little Vow and A Christmas Carol, which were produced by TMCWorks and are available in stores, online and through TMCWorks.org.

The show features NICK DESANTIS, BRANDON IVIE, RYAH NIXON, KAT RAMSBURG and JESSICA SKERRITT with music direction by R.J. TANCIOCO.

re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor  Jul 18 2007, 03:26:23 PM
Thread-jack for a moment...

Is it true that Carol Channing has never missed a show of HELLO, DOLLY?

re: Photo Coverage: West End 'Joseph' Revival  Jul 18 2007, 03:12:17 PM
WHY WHY WHY won't someone do an original version of Joseph? There are so many different possibilities! I can't stand the stupid design of the video.
re: Feeling Electric  Jul 17 2007, 02:34:10 AM
2ST has it running in "Winter 2007."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You