pixeltracker

Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!- Page 4

Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#75re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
Posted: 5/22/06 at 11:44pm

good catch ALWrules!

LilDiva05 Profile Photo
LilDiva05
#76re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
Posted: 5/22/06 at 11:55pm

Warning: I am VERY sleep deprived.

Anyway, does anyone else hear in "Small Umbrella" on the Little Women OBCR the background music? Well, of course you do! I mean to say...doesn't it sound exactly like a melody in/from Beauty and the Beast? I think it's when Belle's father is riding away on his invention at the end of Home(reprise)...

Yes! Go listen, around 3:08 and especially at 3:11. Maybe it's me, but I can almost promise that the chords and rhythm are the same for the two shows.

. . . CHRISSY
Updated On: 5/23/06 at 11:55 PM

samarag1
#77re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
Posted: 5/23/06 at 12:04am

a musical line in John and Jen is the same as the travel musical line from Beauty and the beast when maurice is driving to the fair... it actually DRIVES me CRAZY because it is so much the same- but LOVE john and jen none the less!

beav
#78re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
Posted: 5/23/06 at 12:45am

I think that Wicked is very reminiscent of Miss Saigon in many parts...after I listened to the Wicked cast recording I had many of the Miss Saigon songs in my head which I haven't seen or heard in years.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#79re: Bway songs that sound blantantly like other songs!
Posted: 5/23/06 at 2:35am

I was listening to INTO THE WOODS recently and theres a section of "No More" (toward the beginning) that sounds like the beginning of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Videos