pixeltracker

To anyone happy to see "Beauty" go...- Page 4

To anyone happy to see "Beauty" go...

tmm_fan
#75re: To anyone happy to see 'Beauty' go...
Posted: 1/22/07 at 3:24am

We all have our personal faves ... but re-read my post above. :)

And Cats is based on different poems, not just one. I am not a huge fan, but do think that composing an entire creative musical out of a book of poetry is amazing.

Like creating a three hour musical out of a five minute childrens tale (Starlight Express).

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

http://www.facebook.com/fireballchase

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley
Updated On: 1/22/07 at 03:24 AM

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
sondhead
#77re: To anyone happy to see 'Beauty' go...
Posted: 1/22/07 at 9:45am

It's nice to see someone talking about Howard Ashman. He was a brilliant brilliant man. Not only were his lyrics excellent, his book-writing skills were nothing short of brilliant. Were he still alive we would probably love the work he was doing and more people would recognize what a talent he really was.

However, Beauty and the Beast on Broadway suffers from a distinct lack of Howard Ashman. Most of the things that were added just fall short for me. He would have made it brilliant.

Videos