pixeltracker

Flops that you would love to see get a revival...- Page 4

Flops that you would love to see get a revival...

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#75re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/29/10 at 7:37pm

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE. The concert version inspired me to get out my copy of the script and read it again, and I couldnt help but think how *smart* the book is. Some tweaks to cover for 40 years' passage, but it's still a show that was so wonderfully ahead of its time. *Now*, I think, audiences would finally get it.

http://docandraider.com

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#76re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/29/10 at 7:50pm

Third nominee for
Spider-Man
.......(you both beat me to it...but I always appreciate folks who think ahead in the game!))

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#77re: Flops that you would love to see get a revival...
Posted: 11/29/10 at 10:53pm

I'd love to see Ragtime revised and then revived. Ahrens and Flaherty have the same basic problem in Suessical and Ragtime that prevented them from being mega hits...Too many concurrent storylines. I realize that we've come to love these characters, but there is just toooo much going on and it makes the experience a bit lumbering.

I saw Suess twice and HATED it. Then I saw a high school production that decided to shave about 20 minutes off the show and thought it was fantastic. I'd love to see someone do the same with Ragtime.

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Dracula the Musical was a fabulous flop. With a coherent book and a different director, it could have been a hit.

Also...I'd love to see Spring Awakening with a new book that wasn't so enamored with its own artistry.

Videos