News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for denali.fire

denali.fire Profile Photo
Member Name: denali.fire
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 7 2024, 03:30:26 PM

I saw this 3 weeks ago and know I shall end up going back.  I think after music streams.

But Im seeing Illinoise tomorrow so Ill see how that stirs me and maybe do a doubleheader some Wed.

Two Strangers (Carry A Cake Across New York)  Apr 4 2024, 05:47:09 PM

Fan123 said: "This show recently released an EP, which I quite like.

Spotify link
"

Thanks for this. Love the music, especially opening number  New York

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 26 2024, 08:24:31 PM

It costs big bucks to supply all that water for elephants.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Nov 12 2023, 06:42:24 PM

Not a day goes by that I wish I could afford the tickets.

Since the seat prices are  a bit out of my range, is there a plan for a cast recording.  Hopefully that will be my experience of MWRA.  (unless the cd is $100 bucks too !)

In case no recording any thoughts on the best recording out so far?

Thanks 

DF

Streisand Reworking Funny Girl Ending  Oct 11 2023, 01:20:20 PM

Who does she think she is?  She thinks she is barbra streisand....a self made god who can do whatever she wants whenever she wants.....and folks love it !

Will the Marriott Marquis ever be demolished?  Aug 15 2023, 11:06:38 AM

Theater district is like Uninetown.  You have to pay to pee.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 20 2023, 07:35:13 PM

I bought a ticket on line this afternoon and never got to promised confirmation email. 

Anyone else experience this?

CAMELOT to close in July  Jun 29 2023, 04:51:51 PM

Dollypop said: "If this production WAS set on the Middle Ages, how could Morgan call herself a "scientist"? That term didn't enter the lexicon until the 1800's."

Poetic license .

Great memories at TKTS  Jun 29 2023, 12:46:09 PM

The owner of Pergola des Artists, I forget her name, would hand out flyers to folks in line.  I always had a few nice words to share with her.  I got free glasses of wine there too! (Never "proof-ed" me!)

NEW YORK, NEW YORK Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Jun 24 2023, 02:28:05 PM

Colton ought be an advertisement for

Balance of Nature.

What high energy and multiple talents

Glad he was nominated for Tony.

New Look for BroadwayWorld!  May 7 2023, 12:02:56 PM

AdsRUs

Musicals that should've won the Pulitzer  Jan 11 2023, 07:03:08 PM

With all due respect, I think Urinetown is a piss poor choice.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 10 2023, 02:56:46 PM

I signed in for queque and phoned in at the same time and both connected at the same time so either or it probably doesn't matter.  

FYI, "....momentarily..." means just shy of an hour.  

49 years ago today at the Uris (Gershwin) Theater...  Nov 9 2022, 01:27:54 PM

Jarethan said: "Prior to Wicked, the Uris / Gershwin was essentially a white elephant. Lots of flops, e.g., also Singing in the Rain and Meet Me in St. Louis and I think the Disappointing Rex Harrison MFL revival. Thank GOD for Wicked!!!"

Didnt The King and I have a rather lengthy stay there with Yul ?

Angela Lansbury Has Passed Away  Oct 15 2022, 03:09:52 PM

¿Macavity? said: "A bit late, it's been a busy week and I just haven't had time to process.

My introduction to Angela Lansbury was seeing her in the recording of Sweeney Todd. She. Blew. My. Mind. I still marvel at that performance everytime I watch it - truly remarkable.

I'll miss her dearly...
"

And so will the whole Dear World.

What is the lowlight of your theatre going experiences?  Sep 15 2022, 10:49:01 AM

Jimmy

Hamilton

TAKE ME OUT returning to Broadway?eemend  Sep 1 2022, 05:40:15 PM

So any updates on cast?

Are tickets on sale at box office?

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 7 2022, 07:00:50 AM
Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Funny Girl on Broadway has a small video clip on the SeatGeek Facebook page......without AUDIO. Seriously, talk about being "chintzy"!"

Seems like this whole production has been seen as chintzy.

Julie Benko as Fanny Brice: A New Chapter Begins  Aug 5 2022, 08:08:02 AM
Dollypop said: "Penna2 said: "Loved the article. What I found interesting was this: "Fanny Brice is not Benko’s Broadway debut — that was as an understudy for Cosette in “Les Miserables” in 2014." Julie has worked with Ramin before. Going on for Cosette was her Broadway debut - such a great connection for the two of them."

Yeah. It's fascinating.

"

Yes it is fascinating

🥱

The Band’s Visit National Tour 2021-22  Aug 4 2022, 07:51:11 PM
denali.fire said: "bear88 said: "Count me as an audience member who frequently had trouble understanding the actors. That wasn’t true with every actor, and sometimes missing a few words here and there isn’t all that important, especially in a story like this one. One actor clearly struggled with her accent. Some others were hard to follow at times. It didn’t ruin the show for me, because I always knew what was happening even if I couldn’t always follow every word
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You