pixeltracker

"Hedda Gabler"- 1st Preview/Review- Page 4

"Hedda Gabler"- 1st Preview/Review

Dollypop
#75re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/13/09 at 10:50pm

Is the play so bad that they're keeping the actors padlocked in the theater?

Sad. Terribly sad.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

jewelchk
#76re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/23/09 at 6:18pm

Well, I'd just like to add to this that I saw the show last night, and it sounds like nothing has changed in the last two weeks. I love MLP and Michael Cerveris in general, and I have never seen or read this play, but it was just terrible. The acting was off, the accents were off (because there was no consistency across the cast!), the direction was off. Very disappointing.

"I thought that that was just going to be a like one shot deal for me, you know, but they kept talking about it like, 'when we do the production, when we do the production', and I was like, 'yes, yes, when you do the production, cool, I will come and see it'". - John Gallagher Jr. on SA
Updated On: 1/23/09 at 06:18 PM

bleeker
#77re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/23/09 at 6:46pm

i was looking for this thread (i guess not very hard...), but i went to the jan 18th afternoon performance and mlp did indeed stage door. she came out the 43rd stage door. someone came out beforehand to say no pictures allowed. she seemed very reserved but did thank us all while she signed.

heo1128
#78re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/24/09 at 3:26am

No pictures at all, or no personal-arm around the shoulder-lets pretend like we're bff photos? How long did it take her to come out? So jealous! lol

Dollypop
#79re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/24/09 at 6:31pm

You might be interested in reading the interview I did with Michael Cerveris this week. It's on the BWW homepage
Michael Cerveris Interview

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#80re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/24/09 at 8:14pm

A truly wonderful article. It was great to get a lot of background information on him. I had no idea he went to Yale, that is quite impressive. Did you get a sense of any upcoming projects for him?

Dollypop
#81re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/24/09 at 10:35pm

Michael and I could have talked for another hour or so. Unfortunately, HEDDA GABLER was still in previews and Ian Rickman pretty much pulled Michael out of the dressing room for a rehearsal before we got to lots of things I wanted to discuss. I DO know that Michael has a CD coming out in the near future and we'll probably do another interview at that time.

Dollypop
#82re: 'Hedda Gabler'- 1st Preview/Review
Posted: 1/25/09 at 3:38pm

I'm eager to read the reviews on this production.

Videos