News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frogs_fan85

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
Member Name: frogs_fan85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 11:02:37 PM

jkcohen626 said: "Fordham2015 said: "jkcohen626 said: "I don't think there's anything to worry about yet. Of the Broadway nonprofits, only Roundabout has announced their full season. Lincoln Center also hasn't announced anything and MTC hasn't announced their Winter show (which usually has similar dates to 2nd Stage's first show of the season)."

MTC's winter show is Eureka Day
"

No, Eureka Day is Fall and Old Friends is Spring. For Broadway, MTC usually has a Fall show that runs from September-November, a Winter show that runs from December-February/March, and then a Spring Show that runs March/April-June (or I suppose beyond if there's demand).

It doesn't have a season listed, but MTC's subscription page confirms that they have a third unannounced Broadway show:https://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/subscribe/
"

MTC is not doing a fall Broadway show, or at least not one at the Friedman. They're doing some capital projects (HVAC, fire alarm, lighting upgrades) at the Friedman that are going to go into the fall. Eureka Day isn't starting previews until late November. 

Box Office Open?  Apr 15 2024, 10:53:24 AM

According to Telecharge the box office will open on July 1st. 

Rialto Chatter: Will OH, MARY! and JOB Transfer to Broadway?  Apr 11 2024, 10:51:38 AM

A friend is a co-producer on the transfer of OH, MARY! and earlier this week I was told that the plan is for a 12 week run starting in June. I had assumed (and didn't ask to confirm) it would go into the Booth, but that timeline doesn't seem to work with THE ROOMMATE getting announced this morning. I'd guess the Lyceum now, but Studio 54 could also be a possibility?

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 16 2024, 04:14:13 PM

Jelly's Last Jam  is up for what looks like the entire run aside from the matinee on 2/24.

Six Rush or Lottery News  Jan 30 2024, 11:04:06 AM

FANtomFollies said: "I am thinking of entering the lottery for Six but had a few questions -

1- How difficult is the lottery to win? I'd be entering for 1 ticket if that makes a difference

2 - Are the lotto seats in a specific location or random?

3 - I'd be going alone and really hate audience participation...are there moments where the audience is asked to stand/clap/dance or anything like that?

4 - Is the show still 'fresh'

BC/EFA Fall 2023 Collections  Nov 21 2023, 01:40:53 PM

Last night I Need That had signed playbills for $100 and signed windowcards for $200. 

SPAMALOT 2023 Previews  Nov 5 2023, 02:34:35 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "bwayphreak234 said: "I'll be there as well - for those wondering, I won the LuckySeat lottery and got last row balcony (which is a little surprising considering I only got one ticket, and there are MANY unsold seats in other sections)... Still looking forward to this, though!"

I just won the lottery for tomorrow night and you're making me nervous.

It might be rush tickets are the smarter way to see this show on a

Audience Rewards and Ticketmaster  Aug 20 2023, 08:49:42 AM

I got the same email this morning.

2023-2024 Broadway Season  Jul 31 2023, 05:30:45 PM

Whatever that is, I don't think it's correct. Roundabout's website isn't showing production dates yet for Doubt or Home and they're both listed for the American Airlines Theatre. Also, May 30th next year is a Thursday so I can't imagine that would be the closing date. 

NY, NY may be on its way to closing-NY Post  Jul 23 2023, 07:40:03 PM

The timing of the press release suggests to me that they had a company meeting after the matinee today and hope to have the news of the closing featured in Monday's papers to hopefully spike attendance in the final week. 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews  Jul 7 2023, 03:43:01 PM

HunterK said: "I didn't know where else to ask this, so please excuse it.

I won the lotto for "One More Time" for tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if you have to pick up the tickets personally at the box office or are they sent to your email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
"

They will get emailed to you a few hours before the performance. 

Grey House rush  Jul 7 2023, 01:49:49 PM

I rushed a few minutes after 5pm yesterday and got Orchestra Row B 5-7. 

Pre-Show and the Balcony  Jun 23 2023, 12:53:20 PM

I went to the show last night and while the bulk of the pre-show does happen in the Orchestra there were two actors who went up into the Mezzanine for a few minutes. There is a bit of activity that happens on the stage itself so that would be visible. The pre-show I saw last night was quite different than what I saw last month. There was a whole bit that took up the length of the orchestra from front to back that went on a few minutes. That hadn't happened the last time I saw the show, wh

Broadway prices and uncomfortable seats  Apr 20 2023, 06:08:26 PM

I want to make mention of the fact that Second Stage just renovated the Helen Hayes and opted for absolutely horrendous seats. It's not just a legroom issue, the seat pan and seat back are entirely unforgiving. I remember having orchestra aisle seats for Linda Vista and being miserable. Went back there for Thanksgiving Play two weeks ago and my girlfriend said, "They are somehow worse than I remember." and that was before anyone was sitting down next to us. 

Spring BC/EFA Collection Thread  Mar 12 2023, 07:45:07 PM

Saw A Beautiful Noise today. They had signed playbills for $40 and signed window cards for $100. 

New Cast Album Signing In The Theater?  Jan 6 2023, 12:15:51 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I was at a show the other night (a show that’s had a cast album out for a while now) eavesdropping on a conversation between two people behind me who were obviously “in the biz” talking about a show that’s planning to do a cast album signing onstage in the theater. I only heard mid conversation so didn’t hear what show. Anyone have any info? The last one of those i think i remember was “Little Night Music” with Sondheim

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising  Nov 7 2022, 10:22:00 AM

I saw Into the Woods on Thursday and they had signed playbills for $80 and signed window cards for $200. 

Piano Lesson Rush  Oct 28 2022, 11:50:40 AM

Lumiere2 said: "Sadly, there is no publicly available rush policy for The Piano Lesson. There's no lottery or SRO either - if you want to see the show, you have to buy a ticket the old-fashioned way.

That being said, even though there's nothing on the message boards yet, I'd be curious to know if anyone has found any last-minute ticket deals for the show.
"

They started doing rush tickets last week:

https://playbill.com/article/how-to-get-the-cheapest-tickets-to-the-piano-lesson-on-broadway

Music Man Rush Line.  Jun 14 2022, 10:33:51 PM

My girlfriend stopped by the box office around 5:40pm and was able to get rush for the 7pm show. We got Orchestra J 2-4. I'm figuring that late in the day they were willing to give out whatever inventory was left. 

THE MUSIC MAN Announces Standing Room Policy With $76 Tickets  May 16 2022, 05:07:15 PM

Too bad the song wasn't thirty nine trombones.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You