pixeltracker

Film versions of CURRENT musicals- Page 4

Film versions of CURRENT musicals

rmusic11322
#75re: Film versions of CURRENT musicals
Posted: 11/14/09 at 1:39pm

I think one of the problems with casting a musical movie is that they want each role to be done by a celebrity. I think if they do that, they are taking away who really made the fans want it to be made into that movie. If that makes sence. :/

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#76re: Film versions of CURRENT musicals
Posted: 11/14/09 at 1:42pm

This is not always true. And who is "they"?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#77re: Film versions of CURRENT musicals
Posted: 11/14/09 at 1:56pm

You're confusing performances with material.

If "Next to Normal," for instance, is so great, it'll be great whether or not Alice Ripley is in it. If it isn't, it's not good, Alice Ripley is good. That's just an example.

RainbowJude Profile Photo
RainbowJude
#78Re: Film Versions of Current Musicals
Posted: 11/15/09 at 1:07am

Six reactions to this thread:

1. I'm 100% with those who are pimping Toni Collette for more roles in musicals, either on stage or on film. Hell, yes...

2. As far as the film of RENT is concerned, casting many of the OBC was the least of the film's artistic problems, although I certainly understand the implications it had for marketing and audience appeal. As far as what just didn't work at all is concerned, let's start with hiring Chris Columbus as the director and work our way down from there.

3. Let Zac Efron do as many musicals as he likes, as long as the roles are within his capabilities. When those eyes of his start sparkling and he starts to sing, something deep and profound within me starts to awaken.

4. Yes to the Lucas Gabreel approval. (I promise, I am not at all obsessive about HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, though it might sounds as if I am.)

5. I don't get the appeal of Kristen Bell at all.

6. I completely get the appeal of Kate Winslet and agree with those that say she is one of the finest and most versatile actresses of her generation.

Musical Cyberspace: a tribute to the musicals of Broadway and beyond.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#79Re: Film Versions of Current Musicals
Posted: 11/15/09 at 1:23am

Ah, Rainbow Jude. Good to see you on this board too.

Videos