News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Unjustified Tony Wins and Losses- Page 6

Unjustified Tony Wins and Losses

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#125re: Unjustified Tony Wins and Losses
Posted: 12/30/04 at 6:32pm

I thought Marla Schaffel's performance in JANE EYRE was one of the most touching, beautiful, inspiring performances I have ever seen. I think she is absolutely remarkable - she needs to make her way back to Broadway very soon. I found all of JANE EYRE beautiful and moving - I still listen to the CD - the music is exquisite. Before I can say that she was robbed, who did she loose to? And who won best score? It won't let me access tonys.org.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

parker russel
#126re: Unjustified Tony Wins and Losses
Posted: 12/30/04 at 6:38pm

She lost to Christine Ebersole...who sang a whole two songs and was in about 4 scenes.

Now, I understand that Tony's aren't handed out on the size of a role...but this was clearly a supporting character. Marla was on stage the whole show and was the best part of it. She gave one of the better performances in recent history. She also won EVERY OTHER AWARD that she could have possibly won. C'est la vie.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#127re: Unjustified Tony Wins and Losses
Posted: 12/30/04 at 9:26pm

That's what I thought. As good as Ebersole was in that show - good, not amazing - it was certainly not a Tony Award Winning performance - especially in a leading category. That's just awful - Marla was spectacular.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Videos