pixeltracker

NEXT TO NORMAL launches updated website (videos, sound clips, etc)- Page 6

NEXT TO NORMAL launches updated website (videos, sound clips, etc)

AndAllThatJazz22
#125re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 5:18pm

Well my padre is 39 and my madre is 44. If they say that they don't like Barry Manallow or that they don't like the President Bush, no one says... "Well he's much older than you, so how can you criticize him!". Alice Ripley's age has nothing to do with my right to question that casting choice. A lot of members (a great majority) of members on this board are college students well into their late teen years and early 20's. If they are highly critical of a performers much older than them no one turns around and says " I just find it bizarre that at college student is harshly criticizing the technique of a woman who is not only old enough to be your parent, but has been honing her skills since before you were born." I feel like the vocal skills she posses are very very weak. Maybe the reason why you find it odd that a 14 year old criticizes performers is because you are used to the "la la la i'm a sock i luv rent and wikid" users like chip12 and dg22894. You have not been clear about your age. For all I know you're 10, or you're 100 for that matter. All I'm saying is, it is not at all correct to say that it is not okay for someone to criticize a performer older than he/she.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.
Updated On: 3/26/09 at 05:18 PM

KingKong
#126re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 5:23pm

that was the most ludicrous post i think Ive ever read.

AndAllThatJazz22
#127re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 5:27pm

^shoo

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Craww
#128re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 5:34pm

Oh, come on people. As if it's any more mature to spend multiple posts patronizing and belittling the opinion of said 14 year old. Round of applause, folks, you're better informed and more eloquent than a person barely into their teens. How exciting for you.

Alice Ripley is obviously divisive. The naysayers should remember that finding her voice ugly doesn't mean she's objectively untalented. Those in defense should remember that the woman is bizarre sounding and thus will always have detractors. (Even if someone offering their opinion is an ass about it, it doesn't help to spend entire threads arguing about it. Obviously.)

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#129re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 5:51pm

Steven22.... i am so with you! "change of topic...but I was thinking...

Kyle Riabko would be a great replacement for Aaron Tveit in Next To Normal....anyone else agree? "

I definitely think that Kyle would be an excellent replacement! I recently fell in love with his voice! and his hilarious facebook videos! :)

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#130re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...
Posted: 3/26/09 at 8:09pm

If i remember correctly Kyle is leaving the SA tour shortly..maybe he should take over for Aaron when he leaves for Catch me!

Videos