luvtheEmcee
#175re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 10:49pm

Ah, yes. Good call!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

insomniak
#176re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 10:54pm

Sigh. This thread is dying. We need Adam to write a pretty song to save it.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#177re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 10:56pm

Hmmmmm.... oh Adam, where are you?? Oh wait... he's performing. Right now. And I'll be seeing him in six days!

insomniak
#178re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 10:57pm

Well, maybe it'll perk up in six days once you have a review for us.

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#179re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 10:59pm

ok im back. Sorry I was busy buying tickets to the Aida so i can hang out with Emcee!

And i think you'll need a plastic spork Emcee, i've never seen a silver/metal one.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

luvtheEmcee
#180re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:00pm

YAY! I'm so excitedddddd.

Hmmm.... I hope I can buy just one, single plastic spork. That's kind of an odd thing to buy.

insomniak
#181re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:01pm

Google image search has metal sporks.

And hey, isn't this an Aida thread? I'm listening to Elaborate Lives now. My, he can sing.Soft and pretty...

luvtheEmcee
#182re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:02pm

eee! Every time I listen to Aida I get more and more excited. I can't handle it. I've been waiting four and a half years for this.

TheGirlinTheFrock
#183re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:03pm

haha. One thing i was always amazed by when seeing Adam live or listening to him on a CD is how much emotion he can show while singing. And it seems like its completely effortless!

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

luvtheEmcee
#184re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04

That's just because he's Adam, and he's wonderful. There's no other explanation for it!

yay Adam!

TheGirlinTheFrock
#185re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04

I've been waiting 2 days!

insomniak
#186re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:04pm

Ok, putting all biases aside... is he as good live?

TheGirlinTheFrock
#187re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:06pm

in AIDA or in general? when i saw him i was so happy because he sounded just like the cast recording (well except that infamous 'will froget'). The one thing i love about adam is that he isnt perfect. I see his faults, but he always puts himself out on the line and always gives his all. He looks darn good w/oh his shirt though. He has been working out.

luvtheEmcee
#188re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:07pm

TGITF, you poor deprived child, you!

Honestly, he's so wonderful live. After waiting three years to see him between Aida and Cabaret, I had NO idea what to expect from him. He sounds just beautiful live, and he has a lot of charisma and stage presence. He never fails to amaze me.

Updated On: 7/15/04 at 11:07 PM

TheGirlinTheFrock
#189re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:09pm

"TGITFT, you poor deprived child, you!" .. Did i add another word to my name?

insomniak
#190re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:11pm

I meant in general. I was wondering mainly about his acting, because I know he never really took classes, just walked in off the street to audition for Rent. (well, not exactly, but he's not a theatre major)

luvtheEmcee
#191re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:11pm

Why yes, you did! It's a new letter called "Emcee is sleepy!"

I'm going to change it!

luvtheEmcee
#192re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:13pm

hmm, insomniak, I guess talking about Cabaret would answer your question.

To be completely honest, when I first heard he was going in, I was unsure about how he'd do. I knew I HAD to go see, him... but somehow I couldn't picture him really fitting the part. After all, it's a far cry from Roger and Radames. I was SO SO SO proud of him. He really let loose with the part and did a PHENOMENAL job. His acting has really improved, I've heard. His facial expressions were just excellent... and oy. He was so good. I can't even tell you.

TheGirlinTheFrock
#193re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:14pm

I only saw him in AIDA and Cabaret. I was very impressed with both. I am sure he has grown alot from the begninning of RENT. I remember reading something that he never pretened to know anything he didnt and was always taking peoples sugggestions or asking advice.

insomniak
#194re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:17pm

Yeah, I heard the thing about him not knowing and taking direction, too.

Sorry, I'm braindead. I don't mean to kill the conversation.

TheGirlinTheFrock
#195re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:18pm

Dont worry about it. I've had a long day, its understandable! But now i can relax and have fun with you guys!

insomniak
#196re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:19pm

Hmm the pressure is on. Can insomniak have a good conversation? It remains to be seen. I'm a bit antisocial, very shy in person with people I don't know. I'm not much of a conversationalist. But I'll try!

TheGirlinTheFrock
#197re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:20pm

So does anyone know of 10 creative ways to take pictures. I have 10 left from going to AIDA.

luvtheEmcee
#198re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:21pm

But if it's about Adam, that makes the process all that much easier! I'm actually REALLY shy in person too, 'til you get to know me. It takes a while for me to open up, unfortunately... but that's why I love BWW!

insomniak
#199re: 'Aida' - 7/9/04
Posted: 7/15/04 at 11:23pm

Exactly. The net is nice because you get to think over what you're going to say first and make sure it's not too stupid and it's not live.

TGITF, why do you ask? Wasting 10 pics on Adam is not hard at all. Maybe he'll even pet you :)

Videos