News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Bobby Cronin Question

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#1Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:11pm

I just saw 2 threads and when I clicked on them, they were already deleted. Can anyone give me the information about the upcoming cd? It looked like a great line up!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:17pm

I know that he's recording it live at, I think, Joe's Pub. I know it's Monday, August 3 at 7pm. It's the same night that Limbsakimdo will be at Birdland. I have all the info but it's in my facebook inbox which I can't access from work.

ETA: It's the Laurie Beechman not Joe's Pub

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 7/7/09 at 12:17 PM

Pianolin717
#2re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:20pm

When you get home from work could you send it to me please? re: Bobby Cronin Question Thanks!
I tried looking on his website, but that wasn't updated and I didn't see a facebook group or anything. Thanks for any help!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:23pm

04.30.09: Get excited about August 3rd! 2 concerts will be held at the Laurie Beechman that night - to be recorded LIVE for the debut Bobby Cronin CD!
Performers will include Caissie Levy (Sheila in Hair, Elphaba in Wicked), Jenny DiNoia (Elphaba in Wicked), Jared Gertner (Barfee in Spelling Bee), Marcus Paul James (In The Heights, Rent), Katie Thompson, Ben Cameron, Brian Gallagher, Jenn Furman and more, with a full band and back up singers. More info to come!

This is what's on his official site. I will definitely check my facebook when I get home in 5 hours to see if what I have there differs from this.
Official Site

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Pianolin717
#4re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:30pm

Wow thanks! I guess when I didn't see it near the top of the updates I stopped looking. I think the cast list is updated? Allison Case is singing there I believe (and I hope!)

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#5re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:36pm

yes she is pianolin..

06.19.09: A ton of updates today! Sheet music is now available for THE BEST IS YET TO COME as performed by Katie Thompson, HURT SO BAD and WELCOME TO MY LIFE. Andrew Kober and Allison Case (Hair) and Alex Brightman (Wicked) have been added to the cast of Bobby's August 3rd concert at the Laurie Beechman. Lastly, Bobby's production of THE WEDDING SINGER opened in Santa Rosa, CA recently, so he's off to Chicago for the world premiere production of BRATT CAMP!!! www.laredmusictheatre.org

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Pianolin717
#6re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:16pm

Lol I'm such an idiot. I read sheetmusic and decided not to read further.. lol

bwaycomposer Profile Photo
bwaycomposer
#7re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:58pm

Here is the facebook invite...
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113052665664&ref=ts

Ergo Theatre Company/Erica Ruff/The Laurie Beechman Theatre
presents

REACH THE SKY: a live recording concert
one night only featuring an amazing Broadway Cast!

Date:
Monday, August 3, 2009
Time:
7:00pm AND 9:30pm

This concert (one at 7pm and one at 9:30) will be RECORDED LIVE and released on CD later in the year.

PLEASE come be a part of it!! Show your support and pass this along to your friends.

CD/concert to feature fan favorites as well as new and seldom heard songs brought to life by the vocal talents of:

CAISSIE LEVY (Hair, Wicked)

MARCUS PAUL JAMES (In The Heights, Rent)

NATALIE WEISS (Wicked)

ALLISON CASE (Hair, Mamma Mia)

ALEX BRIGHTMAN (Wicked, Glory Days)

JENNY DINOIA (Wicked, We Will Rock You)

KATE PAZAKIS (Jerry Springer Opera)

KATIE THOMPSON (Giant)

ANDREW KOBER (Hair)

ANNE BRUMMEL (Wicked)

JARED GERTNER (Spelling Bee)

JENN FURMAN (Wicked)

BEN CAMERON (Sweet Charity, Wicked)

BRIAN GALLAGHER (Tommy Euro Tour)

ERIC MICHAEL KROP (Unzipped)

JANINE DIVITA (Grease)
back up singers: AURI MARCUS, JENNA NOEL, JACOB RICHARD, LARKIN BOGAN

FULL BAND!!

Laurie Beechman Theatre; tickets $15

2 SHOWS! 7pm and 9:30pm

call 212-695-6909 for reservations.

Bway2 Profile Photo
Bway2
#8re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 2:02pm

Yay, Anne Brummel!!

Pianolin717
#9re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 2:15pm

I wonder if/who will sing Dear Daddy

bwaycomposer
#10re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 3:08pm

Caissie Levy is!

Pianolin717
#11re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 3:20pm

Fantastic! Although, I think there should be a Dear Daddy cd and have everyone sing their version. They are all the same and all so great! Do you know what Allison is singing by chance?

bwaycomposer
#12re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 4:00pm

probably PERFECT. Although there are new songs too. So maybe a new one?

Bway2 Profile Photo
Bway2
#13re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 4:01pm

What about Anne Brummel? Will it be a duet with her husband, Brian Gallagher?

bwaycomposer
#14re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 5:11pm

No. Brian will probably sing Fine Is All I've Got, a rock song. And I'm sure Anne will sing The Understudy. I think it was written for her.

broadwayworldreader
#15re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/7/09 at 5:59pm

I just saw a production of Bratt Camp in Chicago and the girl who sang Bear Daddy was amazing! and she was only 16!!! It was easily one of the most emotional parts of the show. So many chills and tears!

bwaycomposer
#16re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:19am

The B.R.A.T.T. CAMP workshop was a huge success! Real teens were used for the first time, grounding the show. Jessica Redish (ADDING MACHINE) directed the hell out of it!

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#17re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:33pm

i saw HAIR tonight and asked Allison at the stage door and she said that she wasn't completely sure what song she'd be doing but it's a duet with Alex Brightman she thinks and hopes that it will be Perfect. yay :]

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

Pianolin717
#18re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:49am

Oh thank goodness! For a second, I thought you were going to say she wasn't sure if she was doing it! :)
SO excited for this!

bwaycomposer
#19re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/10/09 at 12:32am

I love Allison on PERFECT...

broadwayworldreader
#20re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/11/09 at 2:15pm

Hey. Check it out! I found videos from the Chicago production on youtube. It's the theatre company's channel, but they're definitely on there. Dear Daddy is AMAZING! Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/LaRedMusicTheatre

broadwayworldreader
#21re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/12/09 at 1:44am

what do you guys think?

bwaycomposer
#22re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:24am

DEAR DADDY is awesome. WELCOME TO MY LIFE is such a cool sound! Love the rest too, REACH THE SKY sounds so good.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#23re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/14/09 at 1:26pm

is the Laurie Beechman a big place? is it like Birdland with reserved tables and a standing room/bar seats or is it just tables?

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

snowskittle
#24re: Bobby Cronin Question
Posted: 7/14/09 at 10:09pm

It's not as big as Birdland, and it's in the basement of a restaurant. I don't know if tables are reserved as it wasn't totally full when I was there. There is a bar. Not sure about food, but since it's below a restaurant, there probably is some.

Videos