ROA understudies.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#50re: ROA, SPOILER ALERT
Posted: 8/8/09 at 8:42am

I am also excited for Adams Family.... the cast looks beyond belief!

Neil Patrick as Franz would be all sorts of amazing!! On a related note, me and my mom were talking about the show yesterday and she suddenly was like, "you know who I could see as Sherrie..... Kristen Bell!" I was mad at myself for the rest of the day for not thinking of it first! ;-p

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#51re: ROA, SPOILER ALERT
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:04am

Strange that a fluff show like this has inspired such detailed debate over the ambiguous sexuality of two characters...

Still, let's not forget, hair metal could be pretty gay, and nobody cared. Judas Priest, for instance, was fronted by an openly gay man and nobody blinked an eye. Probably because all the straight guys were wearing tighter pants and more makeup than him.

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#52re: ROA, SPOILER ALERT
Posted: 8/8/09 at 12:59pm

i saw katherine tokarz as regina last weekend. thought she was very good, different then lauren. I love her voice.

shanwow
#53re: ROA, SPOILER ALERT
Posted: 8/8/09 at 2:01pm

I've seen Savannah Wise as Sherrie (before she was bumped), Michael Minarik as Lonny, Jeremy Woodward as Stacee, Katherine Tokarz as Regina, and Tad Wilson as Dennis and Hertz. I've also seen Jeremy Jordan in Jeremy Woodward's track, Ericka Hunter in Katherine's, and Ericka, Bahiyah (whose last name escapes me at the moment), and Becca Tobin as Waitress #1.

Savannah was genius as Sherrie, and I could not be happier she is now the permanent Sherrie. Back when she was still and understudy, her take was such a breath of fresh air. I liked Amy, but I've always preferred Savannah.

I actually wasn't really a fan of Michael's Lonny. He lacked that spark that Mitch Jarvis has, the reason that people either love or hate Mitch. I'm of the loving Mitch persuasion, but I'll bet a lot of people who didn't like Mitch would have loved Michael. The audience responded really well to him, which was good. He was just lacking some magic to me.

I enjoyed Jeremy Woodward's Stacee. He was a lot more cunning than James Carpinello's. James is just kind of a moron, and everything falls into his lap, and he's just kind of a dick. Jeremy worked more for everything, and played him much more villainous. It worked pretty well for the character.

I cannot get over how much I loved Katherine Tokarz as Regina. Ugh. As focusingonmoviesmatt said, she was a lot different from Lauren. She wasn't as spunky; she was just this girl who loved her world and just wanted to make it a better place for everyone. It worked so perfectly for the character, and just the little things she did, like mimicking Hertz's German accent at one point, were so good. Lauren is one of my favorite cast members, but now I wouldn't mind as much if she were ever out because that would mean I would get to see Katherine's Regina! (That sounds so dirty if you know how Regina is pronounced.)

I'm definitely biased because I just love Tad Wilson in general, but I really loved both his Dennis and his Hertz. His voice is fantastic, and he brought some new elements into both characters. I especially enjoyed his Hertz because he was just this jolly German man. I really hope I get to see him as Lonny before he leaves!

I've yet to see a Drew understudy, but maybe someday! I'm interested in seeing either of the Jeremys!