pixeltracker

Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.- Page 2

Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#25Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 10:01pm

I loved her face! She had that deer in headlights look! Then for her next burp she took a deep breathe like to make sure she will burp. Priceless. She also cracked up a little during Make a Move randomly. She took a bite of the snoather, pretend chewed, giggled, then kept chewing. haha.

I forgot about that part that John did. But he did that Sat night too. So funny!

And I just loved how Sutton and Ben slowed down the handkerchief part! Usually it's so rushed that you can barely see what's going on. But Ben wiped his armpits slowmo, then as he handed it to Sutton she slowly lend back with his hand and grabbed it with two fingers. I loved that. And I love her big, slow 'yes' when she hears Shrek instead of doing it super fast.

Um, Morning Person was amazing. When the bird exploded she felt bad and tried to put it back together, then with the deer she had no reaction. So funny. And her faces. Really, those are just priceless.

There really wasn't any like huge ab libs, just more a lot of doing something a little bit different. Sutton changed a lot, which was amazing.

My favorite part was at the end, my friend and I had a moment with Sutton during This is Our Story. It was surreal. She's such a sweetheart. :)

KirbyCat
#26Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 10:09pm

First of all, I'm not sure what was up with Sutton, maybe she DID eat those funny little mushrooms, but she was OFF THE WALL this show. I adored her more than ever tonight. Last time I saw it she was kinda walking through it, but she really made it special and over the top for her last show. PERFECT character choices.
And speaking of surreal moments, the eye contact from the front row made me cry several times. My friend and I started the applause during the last few bars of Freak Flag, and the actress who plays Mama Bear right in front of us gave me a teary smile and nodded her head. I burst out crying , because I'm a f***ing loser.

MillieDillmount
#27Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 10:27pm

Well, I can't swear to it, but we did meet Sutton before the show and I told her that she should do something not scripted on stage. And, well, we got our wish. But there was one moment during This is How A Dream Comes True where Sutton acted like a dinosaur for a moment, one of my friends gave her a dinosour cookie. I'm convinced that's why she did that. So funny! But on Sat night she was changing it up too, but on Sunday I don't think she did anything like how she was supposed to. Pretty gutsy with the whole creative team in the audience. Apparently they don't mind, haha. But I LOVED how she said "OMG we're gonna die" how she said it real low instead of shouting it.

I noticed Mamma Bear started to tear up then. So sweet! I really loved that they got an extended applause, they were all just taking in that moment. The theatre was filled with love, such a cool moment. I thought during that dance they were all just going for it! Not one weak moment that show!

I couldn't even look at Sutton at the wedding scene. Her face was so honest. She was so in the moment. I was on the verge of tears. Then she started to cry at the end. So sad.

Um, so if any type of media turns up of the show on Sunday, I would love to get a pm! :) Just want to throw that out there.

KirbyCat
#28Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 10:46pm

Oh god, same for me! I know, so wrong, but don't deny it, you guys. You all want it!

And I TOTALLY noticed her extra quirks. The dinosaur bit is her signature. But seeing her green makeup running by the end of the show was HEART WRENCHING.
And another little thing, the light from the pit after the final blackout shining on the cast just showed them standing there. Taking it allll in. Then they held hands and hugged. And bowed as the lights came back on. Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.

MillieDillmount
#29Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/7/10 at 10:55pm

Aww, really? I didn't notice the cast when the lights were down. So sad. But you could tell when each person bowed they were just taking it all in. And Sutton's tears killed me. Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd. I think she was the only main actor who teared up? I could be wrong. But that wasn't helping me not crying.

I'm just glad it ended with I'm a Believer cause it ended on a happy note. The enegry in the audience was so high! It ended like a big party.

I'm just glad that some other people noticed Sutton's dinosaur hands, and it wasn't just me who thought that, haha. That was kinda epic. Some of the stuff she was doing I was thinking was pretty gutsy. :)

KirbyCat
#30Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.
Posted: 1/8/10 at 5:27am

Umm most of the fairy tale creatures were crying, Haven Burton, most visibly, Chris Sieber was very sparkly eyed and squinty, so he was *almost* there...

And yeah, that's one of the cool things from the front row that others often miss. THE QUIRKS. Shrek's Last Show on Jan. 3rd.