pixeltracker

New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question

New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question

WisconsinSteve
#1New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/17/10 at 6:16pm

I am bringing our High School Daughter to New York for a weekend before she graduates from HS. We are going to see a Broadway Play, and she has picked Mary Poppins.

I am looking on Ticketmaster at the seating chart, and am intrigued by the Box seats on the sides. Boxes 9, 11 and 12 are open.

They look like they would be fun to sit in and very nice seats, but they are amongst the lowest priced seats.

Can someone give a recommendation for this theater--would we be pleased with these seats?

I'm not opposed to paying more money, but if these would be a good experience--not opposed to saving money too!

Thank you in advance. Posting from Wisconsin.
New Amsterdam Seat Map

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#2New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/17/10 at 7:34pm

If its your first time I would genuinely stay away from the box seats. They are nice at times, but you can tend to miss side action on the side of the theatre your box seats are located.

I also wouldn't sit in the balcony. Hardly any leg room, and it seems so far away.

I would just spring for the better Orchestra seats. It's a one time expense, and if you can do it, it's very much worth it to see a show as wonderfully magical as this (some don't like it...but I think its incredible)

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

WisconsinSteve
#2New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/17/10 at 9:30pm

Thank you for the information. Orchestra Seats it is.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#3New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/17/10 at 11:33pm

They have a interactive seating chart on the show's website- I would look at that.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

dancindramadork
#4New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:27am

For the New Amsterdam, I also recommend using the interactive seating chart on the show's website...it is a very useful tool! With the set design of the show, the only thing I would be concerned about with orchestra seats would be if they are too close. I have only seen the production from the center mezzanine (middle section) which was a fantastic view of the production, but leg room is limited in those seats as I recall. I hope you enjoy your experience!

WisconsinSteve
#5New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
Posted: 3/18/10 at 9:28am

Thanks, everyone.

Videos