News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dancindramadork

Member Name: dancindramadork
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next To Normal Rear Orchestra Seating Question?
 Mar 22 2010, 09:38:19 PM
The last time I saw Next to Normal (a few weeks ago) I did sit near the rear of the orchestra (not the VERY back), and the view was fantastic in my opinion. I didn't miss anything in the third tier at all from my seat, so depending on how far back you are, you may not have any issue at all.
New Amsterdam Theatre Mary Poppins Seating Question
 Mar 18 2010, 01:27:00 AM
For the New Amsterdam, I also recommend using the interactive seating chart on the show's website...it is a very useful tool! With the set design of the show, the only thing I would be concerned about with orchestra seats would be if they are too close. I have only seen the production from the center mezzanine (middle section) which was a fantastic view of the production, but leg room is limited in those seats as I recall. I hope you enjoy your experience!
Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
 Mar 17 2010, 10:30:25 PM
I personally wouldn't count on it, seeing as it has been selling fairly well. If you don't care about cost, after losing the rush last week, I inquired about any seats that were leftover (it was a Thursday night) and was told they only had the $200 premium seats left for the performance (this was about an hour and a half before the performance). I was also told that they will re-sell the $126 orchestra seats from cancellations, but obviously that is not guaranteed, but a good thing to ask abou
ADDAMS FAMILY Rush
 Mar 14 2010, 08:23:48 PM
I would err on the side of showing up sooner rather than later. The policy is $41.50 cash only one ticket per ID just like previous posters said, however, I asked a few days before how many tickets were sold and was told 10 by two different people. Tickets go on sale two hours before the performance (not sure about matinee) and I showed up around 4:45 pm. Myself and my friend were numbers seven and eight in line for rush and they only sold six tickets at that performance so we were out of luc
HAIR (New Cast) Reviews
 Mar 12 2010, 12:47:48 AM
I saw the new cast last night at their second performance, and I do agree that they do still need to settle into their roles a bit, but expectation-wise I knew that going into the show because it was so early in their run. I enjoyed the show just as much as I did when I saw the original revival cast and the spirit and energy of the show were definitely still there. Of course there were some aspects I preferred with one cast over the other, but I was not disappointed in the production overall.
re: Next to Normal Seating
 Jul 26 2009, 05:31:57 PM
I got my seats on TKTS the day of, which isn't necessarily considered the cheapest (they ran about $60 each) and we had 3rd row orchestra all the way to the right. If you are that far over near the front of the orchestra, expect to miss one side of the second level's staging. Because we were seated in front of stage-left, there are a few scenes performed up on the second level stage-left that we missed, because of how far to the side the seats go.
re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
 Jul 22 2009, 01:47:50 AM
I saw it Saturday evening and noticed that as well. I'm not sure why there weren't actors there but I'd be interested to find out!
re: Broadwaybox.com
 Jul 8 2009, 07:32:13 PM
I just did this the other day as well and it took 3 days to get my tickets for me as well. Don't worry, they'll come :)
re: Where to get tickets?
 Jul 2 2009, 12:17:47 AM
http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp?gclid=CKnMvr2xko8CFQUoZAoddDY2fQ

That website tells you what has been on the boards at TKTS this past week...keep in mind it varies day by day depending on what performances have left seating-wise and the discounts vary as well. As you can see, Hair and Next to Normal have a much lower chance of being on there than others. I'd say your best bet for Next to Normal is definitely the student rush, but be prepared to get there EXTREMELY early if you want seats because people line up hours beforehand from what I hear. Hair does offer a lottery, but like heo1128 said, many people will not win because it's generally very populated. Rear mezzanine seats aren't priced too badly, so I'd say maybe look into purchasing one of those for yourself if you don't want to do standing room.

re: Student Rush
 Jul 1 2009, 08:46:57 AM
Some shows do allot for two tickets per ID. Different shows have different policies. Also, some shows offer lottery as opposed to rush, which a student ID is not needed, but you may not all win seats. Some shows offer standing room as well when sold out. Check here for the policies for various shows:

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/82428-Broadway_Rush_and_Standing_Room_Only_Policies

re: Harry Potter the Musical!!!!!!
 Jun 26 2009, 10:17:41 PM
I'm excited that they will try and re-post. I just started watching them last night and had to go to bed so I'm only on Act 1 Part 6
re: Saw N2N last night...
 Jun 15 2009, 11:49:48 PM
re: TKTS booth tickets
 Jun 10 2009, 12:46:54 AM
If you are open as to what show you'd like to get tickets for and don't mind taking what's left, I've had the best luck going about an hour before curtain. The lines are almost non-existent (or at least this was the case last time I was in the city...I don't know with the new booth if its the same case) and some shows tend to release some tickets at the last minute. Keep in mind not all shows will be available this late though. It helps you beat the lines though.
re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
 Jun 8 2009, 01:53:34 AM
I saw Becky on tour and I went in with extreme skepticism expecting to hate her from what I'd seen. It was quite the opposite really. She is my favorite Elle now, but you'd never see it from short little bits of performances...she carries the show well in my opinion which you'd need to experience to see why she makes such a great Elle.
re: Could [title of show] really win it?
 May 6 2009, 12:33:58 PM
I think [tos] does honestly have a decent shot at winning best book. The book was one of the strongest parts of the production in my opinion and it was well written and quite original in comparison to some other productions in that so many of them are based off of concepts explored in other mediums. My fears are that Billy Elliot will win moreso because its Billy Elliot and will sweep almost everything.

re: Alleged [title of show] Tony Awards [show] show!
 Apr 21 2009, 06:02:15 PM
The jefibility chart is my new favorite reference. I just used it to explain to my roomate how the tony nominations work and why each one is eligible for each category!
re: Just saw the Hairspray tour
 Mar 23 2009, 12:15:11 PM
When I saw it in February, yes, Brooklyn was still playing Tracy. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but it hasn't been that long since I've seen it.
re: 1 ticket, please
 Feb 13 2009, 03:38:37 AM
Whenever I make my trips to the city with a friend, we usually can never decide on the same shows to see so we'll see some together but most alone. I have no problem with it really. It's nice to bring someone to feed off their excitement during the show in addition to your own, but I'm perfectly content going solo.
re: Spelling Bee Tour?
 Jan 23 2009, 02:39:30 PM
I saw it in Melbourne as well and thought it was FANTASTIC! Definately worth checking out if you've never seen the show before.
re: In The Heights: Box Seats?
 Jan 18 2009, 08:37:37 PM
I was with singinmysong13 when she bought her box seat ticket and it cost about $75. I can't give my opinion on the view as I didn't see the show with her, but from what she told me it was one of the worst seats she has ever had.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You