News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Bridge Project 2010

HerrStiefel
#1Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 6:27am

I enjoyed the 2009 productions and would like to pay another visit to the Old Vic this summer. Is Volume 2 worth seeing?

Yankeefan007
#2Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 10:30am

I enjoyed AS YOU LIKE IT, though it's probably one of the darkest AYL's that's ever been staged.

TEMPEST I missed, though I've heard very good things about it.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 10:41am

I'll give the minority opinion on The Tempest and say that this production is interminable, with none of the actors particularly well-cast. As You Like It is stunning, but definitely darker than usual. That one is worth seeing, in my opinion.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Yankeefan007
#3Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 10:43am

A good friend of mine concurs with you on TEMPEST. She also detested AYL.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#4Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 2:33pm

Really? NO ONE well-cast? But Ferdinand is the sort of role that Ed Bennett plays so very very well. D:

I'm still frickin' looking forward to the pair of 'em coming to London. :3

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#5Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 4:55pm

Didn't both The Tempest and As You Like It close on the 13th?

Anyway, I didn't see As You Like It, but I did see The Tempest and I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6Bridge Project 2010
Posted: 3/24/10 at 11:30pm

It did close, but the productions are going on tour.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos