pixeltracker

Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street

Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#1Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 2:46pm

Does anyone know if I can buy those small broadway show posters that are framed (from the sketchy guys on the street) somewhere online?

Thanks

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 3:02pm

They are *literally* printed from home office printers and placed into cheap frames. It'd be cheaper for you to find the images online and print them yourself.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

#2Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 4:10pm

Yeah- pick up your frames at a dollar store and go to it.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#3Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 4:17pm

They look SO bad.

Jon
#4Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 4:28pm

Are these reproductions of the actual posters? If so, it soulds like what we are dealing with here are bootlegs. Like when you see refrigerator magnets and buttons and stuff on Ebay with pictures from broadway shows. Someone scanned the photos from the souuvenir program and made copies on their color printer.

It's illegal.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#5Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/24/10 at 9:27pm

^The sketchy guys on the street do magnets too!

I've actually bought something similar from the street guys before - not the framed ones, but ones that were drawn. They were pretty cool. Bought two $5 Rent ones for two friends. Eh, made them happy. Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street

But I agree, just make one yourself. It's the same thing with windowcard frames. I never understand why people spend so much on those frames when you can just find cheap ones at Target or some place like that.

musicalsFan
#6Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/25/10 at 11:49am

I never understand why people spend so much on those frames when you can just find cheap ones at Target or some place like that.

Broadway show posters are a different size than the cheap frames you find at Target, Walmart, etc. If you don't mind them not fitting exactly, then go for it.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#7Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/25/10 at 1:04pm

They are so cheap, I've bought like 4 or 5 of them. For Curtains they put it in a glass frame and the entire cast signed it for me, it looks amazing. So one good thing came out of it I guess! I had the In The Heights cast sign the other one but its not framed. If you are looking for something cheap and kind of cool to get signed at the stage door, these aren't a bad way to go.

bryan2
#8Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/28/10 at 9:48am

I like them for my bathroom walls..they are like cool cheap art... the frames on line are about 2 dollars..

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#9Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/28/10 at 10:45am

They are good, cheap art. I'll give you that.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Katarina2
#10Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/28/10 at 8:50pm

I've bought a couple of the magnets, and they are seriously cheap. I did like that I was able to find a Pirate Queen magnet, since I couldn't find an original for sale online...

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#11Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/28/10 at 11:18pm

"I never understand why people spend so much on those frames when you can just find cheap ones at Target or some place like that."

Actually, you can't find them in stores. I recently went to Michaels, JoAnns, AC Moore and Walmart looking for a frame for my signed Bernadette Peters Broadway Barks concert windowcard I won from BC/EFA. No one sells 14 x22 frames for windowcards. You have to get them online.

My signed Xanadu and Grey Gardens window cards I had to have custom framed and I didn't want to spend that kind of money on the Bernadette windowcard.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#12Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/29/10 at 12:38am

^Exactly, no one sells 14x22 frames except theatre stores. Custom framing at Michaels costs just as much, if not more, than buying them online from Triton.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#13Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/29/10 at 12:54am

What I've been doing is using the free brochures. I always visit the brochure displays in the Marriot Marquis (other hotels have them too) -- next to the escalators that go up to the Marquis Theater.

Anyway I have laminated many of these brochures (you can cut them up to get rid of advertising if you want) and have decorated my classroom (I'm a teacher) with them. I try to get one of these for each show I see on Broadway (but some don't have them, of course). Cheap and easy way to commemorate my Broadway visits!

ThankstoPhantom
#14Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/29/10 at 3:29am

I am sorry, but print outs of someone else's logo is not good, cheap art. It's waste. You could just print it out yourself, even resize it just as unskillfully, too.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

bryan2
#15Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 7/30/10 at 4:46pm

OH THE POMPOUS SPEAK

Dreamboy85
#16Small Broadway Posters they sell on the street
Posted: 8/2/10 at 4:04am

You can buy the posters for your favorite show online on Playbill.com. You can take it to a crafts store and get it framed.

Videos