pixeltracker

How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?- Page 3

How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#50How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?
Posted: 1/30/11 at 10:14am

With Merrily We Roll Along, I think that they've watered down the end of Frank's story (the beginning of the show) to try and "fix" things. If Frank is happy at the end and the movie is a hit, why go back?

Yes, but in the revised version although the movie is a success, it is "a formula picture" as Frank even admits to Mary. He's not happy at all with where he is: His marriage is a shambles, his son isn't even speaking with him, and his he is no longer writing music, which is the one thing he was good at.

I like many of the changes made for the revised version but wish they had kept the opening and closing graduation scenes from the original.

Another "fabulous flop" -

STEEL PIER has a wonderful score and a fine premise. The book needs tightening and needs to focus more on the three leads and spend less time on the secondary characters (the marathon dancers) and also establish more clearly in the prologue that the pilot is a ghost.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#51How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?
Posted: 1/30/11 at 1:25pm

produce Chess on broadway with the cast from the royal albert hall concert (except for that 100-member chorus). switch kerry ellis and idina menzel's parts. don't give florence a pocket dress, and remove the "rock" edge.

Mattbrain
#52How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?
Posted: 1/30/11 at 4:32pm

"produce Chess on broadway with the cast from the royal albert hall concert (except for that 100-member chorus). switch kerry ellis and idina menzel's parts. don't give florence a pocket dress, and remove the "rock" edge."

Don't even bring Idina. And just keep Florence in that pants suit.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#53How Would You Fix Your Favorite Flop?
Posted: 1/30/11 at 4:54pm

that could work. i would really love to see kerry ellis as florence.