News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybabytn

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybabytn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production  Sep 24 2014, 10:11:04 PM
That image of the two of them is very odd. Walken looks completely over the top, though that may be what they're going for.

The first image of Williams looked like her father to me.

Help!!! Good Actors from the South?  Jul 24 2014, 10:31:34 PM
"I don't believe places like Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska qualify as "the South."

Nebraska is Midwest, but Oklahoma is considered "American South" and Texas is DEFINITELY "South" (as opposed to the "Southwest"). Perhaps you're thinking of "Deep South" (of which East Texas is often included)?"

As a Tennessee native, I (and most people around here with whom I have discussed the subject) do not even include Texas when defining the South (Southwest seems more accurate- it's a diff

Christopher Walken cast as Captain Hook in Peter Pan Live!  Jul 13 2014, 06:22:26 PM
This is really exciting. Walken is talented and well-known, but just risky enough to get people to tune in. I think he'll be great- he can sing and dance, and he's got a great kooky tone that will lend itself to the kind of cartoonish fantasy that this version of Peter Pan can be.
act one or casa valencia for Best Play Tony?  May 18 2014, 07:56:27 PM
All the Way all the way.
James Earl Jones to Star in Scott Ellis-Helmed YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU  Apr 24 2014, 10:42:59 PM
"Jones perfectly balanced strength and understatement in DRIVING MISS DAISY, and I can see him doing the same here."

I thought that was one of the stronger parts of his performance, which I didn't care for on the whole.

Best Director Tonys  Apr 21 2014, 02:29:39 PM
My feelings about it are below.

Best Director of a Play:
LOCKS:
John Tiffany-The Glass Menagerie (My winner. Can't speak to all)
LIKELY:
Bill Rauch-All the Way
Michael Grandage-The Cripple of Inishmaan
Joe Mantello-Casa Valentina
POSSIBLE:
Lonny Price-Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill
Anna D. Shapiro-Of Mice & Men
SPOILERS:
Kenny Leon-A Raisin in the Sun
Lindsay Posner-The Winslow Boy

Best Dir

Cabaret previews  Apr 13 2014, 06:20:31 PM
I wish they hadn't dyed Cumming's hair and tried to make him look younger. I think that's indicative of the overall attempt to recreate his original performance instead of an attempt to find an interpretation that is new and reflective of the time that has elapsed.
How did Lotte Lenya win a Tony?  Apr 8 2014, 07:44:17 AM
After Eight, it appears to me that it was just for that show in that year or, if it wasn't, that the Tonys never considered any other Off-Broadway performance worthy of even a nomination.
College Advice  Apr 6 2014, 06:22:51 PM
You're fine! You were making a suggestion in good faith.
College Advice  Apr 6 2014, 05:57:36 PM
NY10024 and RaisedOnMusicals, since the OP is a senior, I imagine he/she has already made lists, applied, and gotten to these schools, and is now deciding between them. Additional suggestions may not be what this is asking for.

That aside, I've heard really good things about Fordham and Marymount Manhattan, but can't speak to the rest.

Ciara Ren?e and Kyle Dean Massey in pippin  Apr 2 2014, 10:56:57 PM
He looks even older next to Ciara.
Osnes, Peil, Abraham set for Threepenny Opera at Atlantic  Jan 22 2014, 10:08:50 PM
F. Murray Abraham does constantly interesting work in a huge array of stage and screen projects.
Laura Osnes seems to fit the part well, but this pushes her in a new direction.
Sally Murphy as Jenny really excites me too, and that part can make or break a production.
The producers, director, and casting director did a great job pulling this cast together!

Les Mis Revival Rehearsals  Jan 15 2014, 02:15:17 PM
They did ABC Cafe the other day.
Linda Mugleston: Recognizing a small good deed...  Jan 9 2014, 11:12:55 PM
This GoFundMe page was on my newsfeed through a friend of a friend of a friend, and I clicked the link to peek at what seems like a sweet, good-natured project. When I opened it, the most recent visible donation was made by one Linda Mugleston for $50. Whether or not it's the same Linda Mugleston who has graced the stage in many major understudy and cover roles for over a decade, I can't really say, but I'd like to think it is, and that her small donation is helping someone. That thought counts.
Houdini  Dec 25 2013, 11:33:59 PM
How about Michael C. Hall for Jackman's leftovers?
The Perfect Musical?  Dec 15 2013, 08:44:27 PM
STREETCAR and SALESMAN.
LAST FIVE YEARS Movie Q&A---Ask Away!  Dec 15 2013, 08:43:20 PM
Can you just give us your general thoughts?
The Perfect Musical?  Dec 15 2013, 12:54:51 PM
I think MY FAIR LADY, SHE LOVES ME, and A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC come the closest to perfect. That doesn't make them my favorites, but I love them all and think they're incredibly well constructed in many ways.
What musical should Meron and Zadan do next?  Dec 13 2013, 03:30:20 PM
I can see that argument against Simon. I think this is likely to be a lighter, "family-friendly" production, so Fagin may be played a bit lighter, but I can see that his boyish presence might be wrong. Sting isn't an awful suggestion, though I don't think his voice is right for the role. Did anyone here see him in Threepenny Opera?
What musical should Meron and Zadan do next?  Dec 13 2013, 09:58:45 AM
Best12Bars, I was serious about Simon. I could see producers seeking him out, and I imagine he'd work very hard and do something interesting. I honestly could see David Bowie as a good choice for something as well, but I feel like you were mocking my suggestion. I don't see Mick Jagger or Bob Dylan being good actors, and their presences don't lend themselves to being small parts of larger shows. Simon, however, is unassuming, relatable and popular, and his voice has a nice, light theatrical soun
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You