Broadway budgets.

rorschach37
#1Broadway budgets.
Posted: 1/19/11 at 2:04pm

How can you find out what a show's budget is? I know Spider-Man's was reproted in the news, but is there any way to find the original budgets of every Broadway show?

marcblack
#2Broadway budgets.
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:50pm

Unless you're involved with the show or considered investing, no.

rorschach37
#2Broadway budgets.
Posted: 1/19/11 at 6:00pm

Thank you!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Broadway budgets.
Posted: 1/19/11 at 7:43pm

That's not true. We very often hear about what has been spent. There is no "official way" like what happens here with grosses. But it's far from a secret club.

For example: Hair cost approx 11mil. What was ALMOST a Godspell revival 2 years ago (ish) would have been a 4.5 mill dollar budget.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

marcblack
#4Broadway budgets.
Posted: 1/19/11 at 8:28pm

dramamama611, I suggest you read before declaring that my response is "not true".

The original poster asked "is there any way to find the original budgets of every Broadway show?"

No there is not, that is the correct answer. Occasionally shows will publish their total capitalization in the news (like Spider-Man or Hair), but that's a very select number. TOTAL CAPITALIZATION is also not the same as BUDGET. So yes it is a fairly secret club, as I've never once seen a show's BUDGET published. A few shows will list their total cap in the news, but it requires a bit of research. And most shows do not.

Videos