Julie Taymor Steps Down

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25Julie Taymor Steps Down
Posted: 3/10/11 at 4:25pm

Thank you Dottie. I missed that article somehow.

Not sure how "sorry" I feel for Ms Taymor. Negative word of mouth started even before it opened. That aside, it continued after it opened. It seemed that everything negative said about the show was pretty much the same thing, the score and the book. Especially Act II. With all that money on the line and with all of this information hitting her from every side of the media, one would think she would wake up and realize she needed to make changes. She is in the business and should know that bad word of mouth can destroy a show. I think we all knew that it would sell on the curiousity factor for a while (Because yes, we here on BWW are visionaries!), especially with all of the problems they were having, but the curiousity would fade. As it seems to be doing. I could be wrong, but I think they have run out of free publicity for selling tickets. They have to now come up with one hell of a show. Maybe have U2 record a song from the show and sell it as a single on iTunes. Something they probably should have done a long time ago to generate some interest. (That probably isn't there as much as it was) Let BWW in on the process from here on in and report it. I think they should have been doing things like this all along. She is not the only one to blame though. Just my random thoughts.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 3/10/11 at 04:25 PM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#26Julie Taymor Steps Down
Posted: 3/10/11 at 4:53pm

Tell her to give me a call if she needs help with her unemployment claim.

PEACE.