News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for uncageg

uncageg Profile Photo
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Live in NJ

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Sondheim: Live in Concert' is Available Now
 Oct 25 2024, 05:03:21 PM

Just listened to parts of it and really enjoyed what I have heard so far.  So much to listen to today but this is my favorite so far. 

Name a song from a musical you were sorry to lose in its film version as well as one you were happy to gain.
 Oct 24 2024, 04:18:08 PM

The Wiz:

Sorry to lose: Who Do You Think You Are? & The Tornado

Happy to gain: Emerald City Sequence

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Oct 20 2024, 06:40:16 PM

Grande commented on it last night at an event in Hollywood. I think in a roundabout way she is saying Erivo needs to be prepared for what may come with a property this big.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ariana-grande-broke-her-silence-184310623.html

LMM working on THE WARRIORS musical?
 Oct 20 2024, 01:42:39 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "uncageg said: "My problem with the concept album is the changes in the story. I just am not into the gender flipping of the Warriors. And it feels like it was all done for the "lesbian reveal" near the end. (They gave their reasons for the changes but I honestly rolled my eyes.) "

Miranda's GamerGate explanation for the gender swap might be howit came up in his head, but I'm sure that gender swap would have happene

LMM working on THE WARRIORS musical?
 Oct 20 2024, 01:51:53 AM

Threw it on my home speakers when it dropped. Decided I needed to listen to it more closely with ear buds in. I have now listened to it 3 times through....

The production on this is outstanding. The performances are...outstanding. But at the end of it all I was not thrilled.

This recording is A LOT. Taking the songs separately, there are a number of good ones. Miranda went B**ls to the wall with this. And as a recording it is pretty flawless. There are nods to Sondheim and Larso

Oct 18 2024, 09:55:20 PM

Was talking with friends and we agreed that this feels like an attention getting things. Grande hosted,a very good SNL show. Just funny this all happened after that. JMO

Oct 16 2024, 05:40:30 PM

Beanmatt2 said: "uncageg said: "However, looking at the fan art, I notice that Grande appears as she does in the poster released last week."

The fan art modified Grande, too. Moving the hand up so that it covers more of her face like on the original Broadway art.
"

I actually didn't even notice that.

Oct 16 2024, 05:14:28 PM

The only social media I do is Facebook. I have seen a few racial comments regarding her playing the part. One of my first thoughts is that she may have seen them and this fan art pushed her over the edge. 

However, looking at the fan art, I notice that Grande appears as she does in the poster released last week. My thought is that whoever did the fan art did it specifically to highlight the Elphaba character. Maybe an Elphie fan. I would think Erivo would think it was cool th

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Oct 11 2024, 12:39:04 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "Question: Was anyone else here reminded of Ivo Van Hove's (sadly) short-lived West Side Story revival that never returned after the pandemic while watching Jamie Lloyd's Sunset Boulevard? I know I was! I think that Ivo's approach toWSS was a tad more successful than what Lloyd has done with Sunset (granted WSS is a much better show than Sunset in general), but both productions are in the same vein."

A good friend of mine

Oct 10 2024, 12:41:52 PM

I hope all of this marketing pays off. Feels like I am seeing it everywhere. And now the Wicked city tour and the cocktail box. 

Oct 9 2024, 07:58:38 PM

I just love the way Galinda "activates" the bubble at the end of the video!

DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
 Oct 9 2024, 07:38:40 PM

JSquared2 said: "uncageg said: "My thought is to just make it a monthly thing. Maybe dim the lights at the end of the month for all of the people we lose that month in the theatre community.

It doesn't really take much but the flip of a switch or two (I worked in two theaters where we dimmed the lights) to dim the lights. Most theaters now have the ability to program the video marquees. Maybe just put a list of names of the people we have lost on them while di

DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
 Oct 9 2024, 05:41:33 PM

My thought is to just make it a monthly thing. Maybe dim the lights at the end of the month for all of the people we lose that month in the theatre community.

It doesn't really take much but the flip of a switch or two (I worked in two theaters where we dimmed the lights) to dim the lights. Most theaters now have the ability to program the video marquees. Maybe just put a list of names of the people we have lost on them while dimming. If there are big names included, they can displ

Drag The Musical
 Oct 6 2024, 01:08:08 PM

quizking101 said: "Also, almost the entire cast stage doors on 49th, including Joey McIntyre and all the Ru girls.

It’s a full setup though - which I haven’t seen at NWS before. Usually, its always been just free range on the sidewalk.
"

They did it for the revival of "RENT" when it first opened and I think they did it for a short time for "HEATHERS".

Drag The Musical
 Oct 1 2024, 07:45:35 PM

Matt Rogers said: "ApparentlyLiza Minnelli is now one of the producers."

https://playbill.com/article/liza-minnelli-joins-the-producing-team-for-drag-the-musical

Sep 27 2024, 07:58:56 PM

NOWaWarning said: "uncageg said: "I read the book right before the show opened and I saw it. It's been so long I don't remember where the end of Act 1 of the musical is in the book. I have been flipping through my copy trying to find it. Can anyone tell me? I would like to re-read it up to that point before seeing the movie."

The stage show is pretty loosely based on the novel, but Act 1 ends with the Gillikin section of the book.
"
<

Sep 27 2024, 07:15:01 PM

I read the book right before the show opened and I saw it. It's been so long I don't remember where the end of Act 1 of the musical is in the book. I have been flipping through my copy trying to find it. Can anyone tell me? I would like to re-read it up to that point before seeing the movie.

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024
 Sep 27 2024, 04:37:40 PM

The songs "Hydrogen" and "Crazy" just popped up on YouTube Music as new releases.

Theater Quiz for September 2024
 Sep 27 2024, 04:13:53 PM

I somehow scored 66 by guessing a lot of them. I'll take it!

Kimberly Akimbo to Launch National Tour in 2024
 Sep 27 2024, 01:53:58 PM

It got a very good review here in Denver. The review I read is in today's Denver Post. There is usually a paywall however I was able to search the review and it came up without the paywall. here is the link:

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/09/27/tony-winning-kimberly-akimbo-launches-national-tour-in-denver-theater-review/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You