News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for uncageg

uncageg Profile Photo
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Live in NJ

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 03:40:23 PM

MezzA101, you can make a link clickable by clicking on the pretzel looking icon on the tool bar above the comment box and pasting it in the URL box!

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 01:57:51 PM

VintageSnarker said:  "Newsies didn't run that long."

Newsies came to Broadway as a limited run and ended up running for over 2 years. That's a decent run.

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 10:03:18 PM

I am personally glad it is still the Majestic.

MUFASA: THE LION KING, featuring songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda & directed by Barry Jenkins, in theaters Christmas 2024  Apr 29 2024, 03:20:34 PM

MaddieBB12....

When you open the window to type your comment, on the tool bar at the top you will see a square with a plus sign (+) in it. It is the 3rd button from the right. Click on that and it will open the spoiler toggle.

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Apr 28 2024, 10:23:58 PM

chrishuyen said: "I have been WAITING for The Wall to become a fully fledged musical. No clue how it would work but that album was huge for me."

That was also on my list for a while but if it never happens, I am fine watching "The Wall Live in Berlin".

Albums that should be made into Musicals  Apr 28 2024, 07:05:40 PM

Also, Once Upon A Time" by Donna Summer was one I always wished could be a musical when it came out.

And it was. Many, many times.... in my room as a teenager. 

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 05:45:48 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I heard Judy Kuhn would have been the next Kimberly if the show had stayed open in NY after Clark’s departure, so I’m curious to see if she goes on tour."

I have been hoping that Clark, Cooley and Milligan might do the first leg of the tour since it is heading to the West Coast from Denver. Wishful thinking, I know, but boy would that be nice.

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 05:15:28 PM

I am so upset I didn't get to see it again on Broadway before I moved. The tour kicks off in Denver and I am on pins and needles waiting to find out who will be in the touring cast. I am glad I at least got to have a very nice chat with Victoria Clark about the show and how it just moved me before I moved. 

Broadway Season Closer Quiz  Apr 27 2024, 05:00:42 PM

Ooof! I got a 65! Didn't know a location of one of the shows had changed.

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 26 2024, 01:58:42 AM

For some reason, I feel an upset and seeing Chip Zien taking the Tony for Best Actor in a Musical. 

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 22 2024, 07:49:41 PM

Just started reading it about an hour ago. SO far I am enjoying it. He apologizes for any informational errors in the forward. I found 2 small ones but that may also be due to the timing of when the book was actually written and published. 

A STRANGE LOOP coming to San Francisco in April 2024  Apr 22 2024, 06:03:42 PM

Glad the West Coast will get to see John-Andrew's fantastic performance. His "Periodically" just got me every time. Especially the end duet with Usher. Just choked me up every time.

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 22 2024, 05:55:29 PM

It says that he also includes anecdotes about other stars along the way so I am assuming they are not related to Sunset. He also lists Steven Spielberg and a few others.

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great  Apr 21 2024, 03:20:28 PM

I don't see a reason for the thread to be deleted. You asked an honest question. I am sure a lot of people have attended performances in one or more of the "states" you mentioned. 

I personally stopped having a drink before or during a show a while ago. About 4 years back I got a ticket to a hot off-Broadway show. Had the ticket for a while. The night before I was at an event and had maybe one too many. I didn't get drunk but I was feeling good. The show was

The Rise, Fall & Comeback of Sara Gettelfinger  Apr 18 2024, 06:32:44 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "uncageg said: "Thanks for posting this. Saw her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Had no clue she had been through all of this. I tape The Broadway Show so will watch the interview this evening."

The TV version of it forthe Broadway Show is severely truncated and doesn't really get into the worst of it, fyi. The Broadway.com video linked here is a half-hour video just on her.

An amazing story and I'm glad she&#

The Rise, Fall & Comeback of Sara Gettelfinger  Apr 18 2024, 05:00:54 PM

Thanks for posting this. Saw her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Had no clue she had been through all of this. I tape The Broadway Show so will watch the interview this evening.

Why do so few New World Stages shows transfer to Broadway?  Apr 18 2024, 01:26:23 AM

Noted. So I will just say that, since you brought them up, those theories are incorrect.

Why do so few New World Stages shows transfer to Broadway?  Apr 18 2024, 12:03:51 AM

All I can say is that you are way off base regarding the "conspiracy Theory". Having no information on it and basing it on "firmly held convictions" does not make it so.

Dream Two Show Day  Apr 17 2024, 07:59:45 PM

Sweeney Todd (OBC) and Caroline or Change. I would eat at Bunn in Korea Town in between.

Why do so few New World Stages shows transfer to Broadway?  Apr 17 2024, 07:52:01 PM

I worked at NWS for many years. I would first like to know what "Shubert conspiracy theories" there were?  Also, The Shuberts did not take it over from Dodgers. Stage Entertainment ran it for 9 years in between Dodgers and the Shuberts. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You