Profile for uncageg

uncageg Profile Photo
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Live in NJ

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 19 2024, 03:52:39 AM

TBFL said: "Again, how can 5 or 6 notes, iconic or not, compare to the full number with all the build up leading up to it.

Why would you want to repeat what someone else has already done.Saying that, even if she did do the exact same thing, the wicked fans would still complain and say she didn't do it as good as Idina did.
"

Again, read my comments.

Some like what she did with it and some don't. For some of us it sou

Poll: Best Picture Oscar Nominees Best and Worst on Broadway?  Feb 18 2024, 03:44:06 PM

dramamama611 said: "No results? No worst musical?"

There are results. Scroll back up to the top after you submit your choices and click on the response link.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 18 2024, 01:38:09 AM

TBFL said: 

People getting all bent out of shape over 5 or 6 seconds of a 6 minute song, when the entire number leads up to it. Of course it wont have the same impact on it's own, but in the actual film, I think it will be fantastic."

I think that's because those notes have become iconic. WICKED fans waited for those notes. And there were actresses after Idina that did make it their own and had people screaming when they raised that broom

Cynthia Nixon in The New Group's THE SEVEN YEAR DISAPPEAR  Feb 15 2024, 11:57:26 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "This is the best acting Trensch has ever done."

Well now I will just go curl up in a corner and cry!!  lol  The one show I missed him in, and am so upset I couldn't get in to see him, was "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time". I saw it before he took over the role.

Cynthia Nixon in The New Group's THE SEVEN YEAR DISAPPEAR  Feb 15 2024, 10:16:48 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I really really loved this. Having no clue what it was about other than “an artist disappears for 7 years”, this was a fascinating look at performance art mixing with politics, AIDS, queerness and more. I really don’t want to give anythingaway about this but I could see how uncomfortable it made some of the older ladies in the audience which usually means that’ssomething I’ll love. I’ll be thinking about this one for quite a

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 13 2024, 05:18:14 PM

Regarding Sweeney, maybe Joe Locke is pulling people in.

Which theaters are most in need of renovation?  Feb 13 2024, 04:45:03 PM

I suspect, as far a Shubert Houses go, that the Lyceum will be next. I heard it was supposed to be done a while ago but then Phantom announced. It probably made more sense to get the Majestic done before doing the Lyceum which, I think, will take much longer to renovate. I also remember walking past it early last year some time and there were work permits on the doors. I didn't read them so they may not have been for a renovation. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 06:47:58 PM

Well, it just happened. About a 30 second montage. Wasn't too impressed with the snippet of the last note of Defying Gravity. But this looks HUGE.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 10 2024, 05:22:15 PM

Just my thoughts, but I could see a "teaser" during the Super Bowl and a Trailer during the Oscars.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 9 2024, 01:38:49 PM

ren598 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oh nice! Hopefully that’s the art for new Windowcards."

And magnets.
"

Did they put Ashford and Groban's pics on the magnets? I got one at the 2nd preview and it is white with the title as it appears on the Playbill. 

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco  Feb 8 2024, 07:23:07 PM

HogansHero said: "JSquared2 said: "That's not how things work. It's standard practice that once a show announces closing, the next tenant announces (if it's ready)."

I've said it here many, many times, but I'll say it again now: there are no rules. Sometimes, as in this case, dignity, and grace, still upstage "the standard practice."
"

Hogan is 100% correct. 

MCC developing WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE musical by Bandits on the Run and Christopher Sears  Feb 8 2024, 04:59:11 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Immediately my mind goes to Arnie and how there will probably be a social media uproar over that role.

And then since it’s still one of the most egregious Oscar snubs of all time, I have to say I’ll never forgive them for giving Tommy Lee Jones the award over Leo, who to date has never given a better performance than he did in that film.
"

Agreed. And I also agree regarding the Oscars. I remember watchi

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 5 2024, 05:47:06 PM

haterobics said: "bwayphreak234 said: "This is an interesting one for me. I love this play, and I loved the original production with Cherry Jones that I saw on tour back in 2006. That being said, this production is passable, but is very “safe” in all aspects for lack of a better word.."

Saw Jones as well, and even after all these years, doesn't seem like I need a revisit. Still too soon?!
"

I feel the same wa

Theater Quiz, Winter Awards Up The Wazoo edition  Feb 3 2024, 12:42:33 AM

Oof....I think this was my worst score! It was under 40.

Hinton Battle has died  Jan 30 2024, 05:39:16 PM

Impeach2017 said: "oh god, who's next?"

That was my thought also. Always seems to happen in 3's.

Hinton Battle has died  Jan 30 2024, 03:46:49 PM

Agreed. A lot in one day. I saw him in THE WIZ. I can remember sitting in the theater as a young kid and wanting to be like him onstage.  Rest in Peace.

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 03:13:54 PM

I was blessed to have been in her presence 3 or 4 times. Once as a teen in the lobby of the, then, Shubert Theater in Philadelphia. Lisa was in the musical "Platinum". I had seen it and got another ticket to go back on opening night. I was standing in the lobby holding a soft drink and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor staring up at a lot of red fabric. That fabric was the kaftan Ms. Rivera was wearing. She accidentally bumped into me and knocked me to the floor. She offer

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 29 2024, 06:42:33 PM

TBFL said: "Splitting the film in 2 is purely for money making reasons, but as people have mentioned, it's also a huge risk because people might not come back for part 2, if the first one isn't any good.

There isn't a huge amount of difference from the stage to screen version. There are a few bits of back story, such as the film starting at Kiamo Ko in a flashback. Some scenes are added to fill in gaps, such as Elphaba, Glinda and Fiyero travelling from Shiz to

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Jan 28 2024, 08:46:03 PM

Theatermania's review is up:

https://www.theatermania.com/news/review-kelli-ohara-and-brian-darcy-james-tear-our-hearts-out-in-days-of-wine-and-roses_1727508/?fbclid=IwAR0Zy3QfOjX2grON6Pd317VFlInBzTCuPHiikzVh0cNqelqnGhq897nt4ik

The Search for Dolly Parton  Jan 28 2024, 02:26:44 PM

nasty_khakis said: "Wick3 said: "I hope it works out but somehow the 3 Dollys structure reminded me of the Cher Show."

AndSummer: The Donna Summer Musical
"

It is also being done in MJ The Musical.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You