News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for uncageg

uncageg Profile Photo
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Live in NJ

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 26 2024, 04:37:51 PM

They ran another shorter spot right after the flag raising and Olympic Anthem.

Report: The Phantom of the Opera May Be Readying an Off-Broadway Return
 Jul 19 2024, 05:43:59 PM

First venue that crossed my mind was Stage 42nd. I could see a scaled down production in there and ALW has a good relationship with the Shuberts. Just what crossed my mind.

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 12:32:19 PM

I've got goosebumps. The tour starts here in Denver and I look forward to seeing her in the role. I love her. 

THE WIZ 2024 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jul 13 2024, 12:09:57 PM

Listened to it yesterday. I agree with the arrangements. Wasn't crazy about them. Vocally the cast is fantastic. If there is one thing I really don't care for is the inclusion of the Tinman and Scarecrow on "Be A Lion". Having seen the original production 3 times with Mills, it was a great moment between the Lion and Dorothy. For me, it loses something with the Tinman and Scarecrow. I also don't care the new "Tornado" music. I just feel like they took the

Stephanie Mills Hadestown
 Jul 12 2024, 06:26:55 PM

I am dying to hear how she is in the role.

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 5 2024, 02:28:46 PM

Here is the other thread on the subject started on June 2nd after the NY Post article...

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1159549

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 5 2024, 12:18:57 PM

They are saying that most major crimes are down. I suspect that those are also the reported crimes. I feel it is the many unreported crimes that are the problem.

I moved away last year after two incidents in the Times Square area. One in broad daylight at 2:00 in the afternoon on 44th between 8th and 9th. (I did not report them as there were no police around and the people ran off.) I had colleagues who were harassed and/or robbed walking down 8th to Port Authority and Penn St

Theater Quiz for June 2024: Politics, Prizes and Pride
 Jul 1 2024, 02:28:59 PM

70/100

PSA: Purlie Victorious premiers on PBS’ Great Performances Friday, May 24
 Jun 29 2024, 04:36:58 PM

quizking101 said: "Wayman_Wong said: "I wish they didthe 1970 Tony-nominated musical of ''Purlie.''

That was never going to happen. As has been stated in many interviews, while the musical was briefly floated as an idea, The Davis-Dee estate doesn’t sign off on licensing it. While they admire the property for the visibility it brought to the story, they feel the musical took too much away from Ossie Davis’ original words and intent

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 24 2024, 08:30:04 PM

Tesori and Schwartz are my top two.

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 23 2024, 11:41:21 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "It is INSANE that we're complaining about the smell of weed and hearing salsa music. Like there are a thousand other smells that are actually gross in this city and you want to focus on weed? Something that is fully100% legal in the state to be enjoying and actually doesn't smell bad, you just hold racist/classist views about it."

Well maybe you enjoy the smell of weed, but I don't when walking through the streets. An

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 11:22:07 PM

Broadway Flash said: "And the more we move away from those attitudes and repressions, the less relevant the show will be"

It's not about "relevance". Everything does not have to be relevant.

It is theatre. Theatre takes you to times and places outside of now. That is the beauty of it. If you want everything to be "relevant" then maybe you are not a true theatre lover as most of us can go into a show set way in the past and

Who is the Lead in Disaster!
 Jun 19 2024, 03:56:34 PM

I kinda looked at Ted as the "lead" character when I saw it.

Saw this off-Broadway and then on Broadway. Loved it both times. Jennifer Simard as the Nun was just comedy gold. Have fun and have a good show!

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 05:37:54 PM

Auggie27 said: "I still believe the problem here the absence of a target audience. It clearly didn't have Carol King or Neil Diamond crowds. And lack of a star(s). The era of the music covers both boomers in their late 20s/early 30s in the 80s (yes, we watched MTV, too)and Gen X. Yet Lewis isn't a high profile enough figure to push the decade's nostalgia buttons.."

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I was a Boomer in my ea

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 17 2024, 03:30:41 PM

I liked the opening song itself except I couldn't understand all of the lyrics. I recorded it and went online to watch it again thinking it might be clearer but it wasn't. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 04:22:36 AM

One thing I noticed....They forgot to include Sarah Rich during the Im Memoriam. 

I enjoyed the evening. I teared up a lot. Along with a few of the speeches I got a bit emotional having moved away late last year and seeing people I met and know from my time back there in the community.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:33:37 PM

jagman106 said: "Jack O'Brien's speech was one of the best I heard in a long long time!"

Agreed. It was amazing.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 12 2024, 04:54:08 PM

JSquared2 said: "uncageg said: "Boq101 said: "I reckon WIll himself is probably not available simply because Audra is. They've got 4 kids between them with three still living at home I'm pretty sure that for Audra to do this Will isn't gonna be doing the 8 shows a week grind while it's happening."

If 3 are living at home then two of them are young adults now in their early 20's. They can watch the youngest who is, I think, 8

Jun 12 2024, 04:15:36 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "I think it is best we don’t speculate on parenting…"

It was just an observation on their ages and the possibility. The comment made it sound like the kids were young. I wasn't commenting on their actual parenting. Just suggesting a possibility.  

Jun 12 2024, 03:45:25 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You