WICKED cool new book!

RICRoyal2010 Profile Photo
RICRoyal2010
#1WICKED cool new book!
Posted: 3/30/11 at 10:33am

A former Elphaba standby/ Understudy has written a memoir on her experiences. She wrote the Unnaturally Green blog and now has one post- Wicked called Five Trick Pony. Great writer and an incredible performer!
Felicia's Untitled Wicked Memoir

"I'm that one in a million chance when the director says 'you', the small town boy who makes it big, the one that little children and grown men and women will adore, I'm that shot in the dark everyone talks about, you may not know my name yet, but you will, everyone will, someday."- Me

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2WICKED cool new book!
Posted: 3/30/11 at 11:25am

"...I am the final frame in my own version of one of those evolution posters, in which the chimp has become the human. The Felicia has become The Elphaba: newly-green skin, pointy witch's hat pinned to her rather large head---a head that should belong to someone else---someone older, wiser, better equipped to rescue a multimillion dollar musical from imminent failure...
"Someone hands me a water bottle, from which I gulp, blindly. Through the dressing-room monitor playing live audio of the show I hear that we're minutes away from the swap, at which point Eden will run off stage, and I will run on, supposedly without anyone in the audience noticing.
"Every image whizzes by, like scenery past a runaway train. I'm surrounded by people, but feel so inconsolably alone, trying to ignore the chatter of voices in my head. I need to release myself from the stronghold of self-doubt and become someone else entirely---to become Elphaba Thropp, brave and uncompromising..."

This seems so overly dramatic...

Videos