News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreFan4

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreFan4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?  May 6 2024, 10:11:47 PM

sppunk said: "Hot take: it looks like a Trump deigned building with fake gold all over the place. And that enter aisle is just … why. "

What Gold all over the place?

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 10:10:06 PM

OhHiii said: "It is absolutely absurd to me that the reopening act of theLEGENDARY Palace Theathreis Ben Platt. Like in what world is that in any way meaningful? The sales show exactly what I mean.

What I will say though is that originally, the plan was Lady Gaga doing a residency to re-open the venue. Rumor is she’s pregnant, so I imagine that fell through relatively last minute and they weren’t ultimately able to book a replacement given that the Nederlanders

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 08:55:55 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "TheatreFan4 said: "So like... His engagement at The Palace just seems to not be selling which is... we'll it's hilarious."

Are we surprised?
"

Oh not at all. After they booked him an arena tour and astroturfed the hell out of it? I honestly think his father is bankrolling his whole career... 

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 03:10:50 PM

So like... His engagement at The Palace just seems to not be selling which is... we'll it's hilarious.

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 5 2024, 09:14:37 PM

binau said: "This show is a beautiful, campy love letter to queer culture, people who love women and women in musicals, diva worshop, high musical sensibilities lavished with a sparkle of alcopop, vibrant, crazy colours and design, New York, taking and testing the limits of the human vocal capability. People need to stop thinking so much and let the pure aesthetic, sounds, design and feelings take over. What has been created on that stage is beautiful. I know it is hard to feel again

Shrek tour  May 2 2024, 10:56:34 AM

allthatjazz4 said: "https://www.instagram.com/p/C6cFp9xvfk2/?igsh=dDR4bHF5N2Z4MTU4

It seems the tour took a layoff to fix it problems and it looks MUCH better!!! Wonder if any music/lines will have been changed?
"

The costumes look better, but the set is still the exact same and I'm sure the Music/Book are all the same as well...

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 30 2024, 12:03:05 AM

AKarp2013 said: "TheatreFan4 said: "Also, did someone really try pulling the Audra Gypsy thing again? Lol"

So you're sayingI'm not getting thatMamerevival with Cher?
"

After Liza opens the Palace. 

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 11:11:26 PM

Wick3 said: "Same. I'm not really a fan of naming theaters out of people.

Did they replace the seats or at least reupholster them? If not, they've been there for over 35 years!
"

Pretty sure they were all ripped out. 

Also, did someone really try pulling the Audra Gypsy thing again? Lol

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 07:58:04 PM

TheQuibbler said: "I wonder if they’d consider (or be allowed to, from a union standpoint) doing away with the pre-show at a certain point to cut costs."

That would kind of ruin the novelty of it, wouldn't it?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 06:48:30 PM

FANtomFollies said: "
That exact method has sustained Chicago on Broadway for many many years now. Not saying it will work for Cabaret but but there is evidence it could."

Chicago has weekly running costs of $200 and a pack of Marlboro Lights. Like how could you compare the two? Cabaret required a massive renovation to the theatre. Chicago is Black Box production that doesn't demand much heavy lifting from its cast that allows people to go in and out. It'

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 09:25:53 AM

ACL2006 said: "Eden has now been out for a week. Kudos to Mariand for holding her own in this dumpster fire of a show."

She's actually been in and out of the show since last week. They also recorded the OBCR this week...

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 09:16:07 PM

Eden did say in her Insta stories that there was a lot of Press and Recording coming up this week that she had to be prepared for and why she didn't want go back on before her voice allowed her. 

Amber's stories also confirm that they were recording today as well. 

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 21 2024, 09:29:31 PM

I mean, when you go to the actual report from ET where it originates she does in fact flat out say "No."

Despite rumors to the contrary, McDonald tells ET's Nischelle Turner that she will not be returning to Broadway to take on the iconic role of Mama Rose in a revival of Gypsy premiering during the 2024-2025 season.

"Oh no, that was a rumor. I read about that many in the New York Post too," McDonald reveals to ET on the 2024 Screen Actors Guild Awards red carpet Saturday night. "You know, people talk, people talk."

https://www.etonline.com/audra-mcdonald-shuts-down-gypsy-broadway-revival-rumor-and-teases-the-gilded-age-season-3-exclusive

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 21 2024, 04:20:30 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Sweaty Oracle is now reporting Audra's Gypsy is going into the Majestic, although he also just said that Stranger Things is going in.

Hasn't she explicitly said there's no truth that she's doing Gypsy? 

Lempicka false advertising  Apr 20 2024, 08:37:25 AM

Impeach2017 said: "Can we just give these producers a break?They are fighting to keep their show afloat after years of struggle, bad reviews, and a leading lady who called in sick after two days (and was not on her deathbed). "

What? Eden sounded like complete ****! The crazy thing about this modern age of social media is we don't have to guess how sick someone is, they can just post it on Instagram. If she went on with her voice the way it was, people would have

Lempicka false advertising  Apr 19 2024, 08:17:32 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "There is a thread about this already if you do a simple search.

Their cherrypicking of words to form a quote is no different than any other show, which does this regularly. That doesn't make it right, but if you are complaining about Lempicka then yo should be complaining/fact-checking others, too.
"

But when words are cherry picked they are done in a more Truthful manner. There's trailing periods between words. S

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 19 2024, 03:52:24 PM

muscle23ftl said: "It was before 2012 indeed.

Oh my this is embarassing to just admit that I was spot on in my assessment. Just dreadful. 

Hairspray (Revival)  Apr 17 2024, 07:35:26 PM

Honestly I feel like Hairspray, as much as I like it, would feel very dated if they brought it back today. 

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 17 2024, 10:41:14 AM

muscle23ftl said: "

Several Broadway stars have sent me private messages through BWW for your information."

Yeah, between 2005 and 2012 when this message board relevant and Anthony Rapp would send rants to people for **** talking the Rent movie.

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 16 2024, 06:30:24 PM

Well that's one way to spin the marketing...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You