News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreFan4

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreFan4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 16 2024, 07:23:11 PM

DAME said: "HogansHero said: "The average July temp in Central Park has increased 6 degrees since 1890 (to 79) and there is no basis for believing it will not push into the 80s.

The average adult male height in the US has increased by 3 inches in the last 100 years. (Body mass even more!)

The world never stops evolving; it's a shame that the attitudes of some don't.

In the fall, when temps drop into the 50s and 60s, we will start to s

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 15 2024, 07:38:12 PM

Musical Master said: "Looking at the budgets for both films (Part One costed 145 million dollars and Part Two will cost165 million dollars), Wicked as a whole, cost 310 million dollars to make. Is it my imagination or is this the most expensive movie musical adaptation of a Broadway musical of all time? Even Hello Dolly!back in 1969 cost 25 million dollars to make, and that was around 200 million in today's money.

I'm wondering if the humongous bu

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 14 2024, 10:55:23 PM

I'm just happy I managed to record an audio. It's not the same like... at all given how much of this show is visual... but it's something. 

Jul 14 2024, 07:30:12 PM

quizking101 said: "To my understanding, they were much stricter about it during previews because the production was still working things out and didn’t want anything really spoiled before it frozen/opened. (Some of the cast’s social media mentioned this).

They seem to be more lenient now, but also…why does someone need to film the curtain call? Just clap and have a ball instead (pun intended)
"

I'll be honest, since the production nev

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 12 2024, 02:35:01 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Yeah I'm a hardened New Yorker who felt uncomfortable on Christophoer Street and doesn't want my visiting six year old nice to see homeless penis.

And I love Christopher Street as well which is why it sucked to feel that way about it but I was just sharing my feelings on a message board, no more no less so y'all need to calm down.

And if you think I'm doing any pearl clutching at all then you are seriously mis-read my tone. I

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 11 2024, 11:03:53 PM

JSquared2 said: "n2nbaby said: "MasterThespian 2 said: "The slobification of America continues. Why stop at shorts? Make sure you also wear flip flops and a tank top."

Oh, bite me. I do day trips from Syracuse for 2-3 show days and I’m gone for a full 24 hours. If it is 80-100 degrees out, you damn well believe I’m wearing a tank top and shorts for my own comfort. Judge me if you’d like, but you paid for a performance - not was

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 11 2024, 07:32:07 PM

binau said: "Feel free to shoot the messenger while trans people continue to suffer needlessly. All I’ll say is if you get out of your bubbles, talk and listen to what the general public have to say about this issue you will find that the public are not buying many of the activist arguments, such as the role of trans women competing with biological women in sports, and this is fueling the fire of the general public and people like JK Rowling along with other issues.

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 11 2024, 11:49:40 AM

binau said: "This is one of the few social issues where I actually feel the public discourse and attitudes are becoming more negative than positive over time. For the safety, wellbeing and sanity of trans people I think trans activists (who are not the same thing as trans people, or at least the trans people I know who just want to live their lives) might need to start re-thinking their approach. It seems to be making things worse, not better."

You kindly need to go

Jul 11 2024, 11:35:10 AM

Cats, to me, has always made sense. I didn't need the Jellicle Ball to do that for me. What THIS show did was give it more of an emotional punch and a humanity that your typical Cats production lacked. You're seeing PEOPLE performing poetry and it becomes much more symbolic than the literal that is usually is.

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 11 2024, 11:27:09 AM

MasterThespian 2 said: "The slobification of America continues. Why stop at shorts? Make sure you also wear flip flops and a tank top."

Why not indeed? You want to Theatre just for the upper crust again then prepare for it to just not exist. I'm sorry that you have to exist in the same auditorium with people who don't bring their finest gowns and suits with them to NYC and don't have a car to call to take them to the theatre so they don't have to take

Jul 10 2024, 10:14:18 AM

Phantom4ever said: "Theaterfan, please settle down. It's not that serious.

For the 4th time. I. Was. With. Family. If I were by myself, none of this would even matter in the slightest. Bring on the piss and the needles and the fighting. The more urine in front of my hotel, the better.

My family stayed in a hotel a block away, and they met me and departed from me each day in front of my hotel. Which meant......that they or me or all of us were often standing

Jul 10 2024, 12:15:25 AM

Phantom4ever said: "

But if you recall, I had a bunch of family with me including little girls and their safety was more important than these individuals feeling welcome to urinate and scream curse words and argue about who gets the cigarette next outside my hotel. That's why I was glad to see the police there the next few nights. Some of the individuals were still there, as they clearly have the right to be. But were they screaming and peeing and littering? No. And if

Jul 10 2024, 12:03:17 AM

You're telling me that unhoused people are SLEEPING... OUTSIDE? This... doesn't make any sense to me. I need to think on this for a while. 

Jul 9 2024, 10:04:54 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Oh yes, that’s a change that I liked. This production is at its strongest when it’s making sense of the material."

So like... you didn't like the thing they were explicit in telling you they were changing for the past 2 years, but do like a thing they did change? And like... I'm fine with the change, but I wouldn't consider THAT in particular "making sense of the material" more so than anything else they did to

Jul 8 2024, 08:39:11 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Yeah I miss the sex-ography in macavity. And mistoffolees pirouettes. What is the most obvious change they made?"

That Macavity isn't even the villain? Doesn't kidnap Old D and instead Old D takes the fall for him and gets arrested by the cops? 

Jul 8 2024, 08:05:08 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Are u talking about the battle with the dogs and the cats? Yes I know they cut that as well. I miss the old dance breaks"

No, again that's been a number in and out of the show for 40+ years. When you saw Gillian Lynne listed nowhere, why would you think you'd see them? They have literally been telling you how different this show is from the jump and none of that is in deviation of the text or cuts to the score. 

Jul 8 2024, 07:46:05 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I have seen it, why on earth would I be going on about this if I didn’t see it. Andthere are cuts to the material beyond growltiger. The numbers have been changed. Thats just a fact. Stop lying!"

Then name the ACTUAL cuts, tell me what lyrics are missing. Somehow I don't think you're that familiar with material that you'd even know what lyrics are missing. Careful, I have audio of this production so i can go back and check

Jul 8 2024, 07:26:13 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Yes I understand that and I think doing new productions is great. I like the great Gatsby and the new cabaret. Stupid peopleon this board are acting like they didn’t make changes or that it sounds the same as the original. I needed to correct them."

You just love lying don't you? This entire thread is about the changes they made, you're just upset that people aren't just accepting your lie that lyrics were cut from any song so

Jul 8 2024, 07:22:33 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The dance arrangements were different. In nearly every number. Rum tum, mistofolees, jennyanydots, mungojerry and rumpleteazer. In skimble, the actor was a woman who was singing in Spanish. They cut growltigers last stand. You did not get the same sound and obviously not the same choreo. They were not the same from any production, not the last revival, completely new stuff. Thats just from the top of my head. Theres plenty of other things"

You&#

Jul 8 2024, 03:41:52 PM

Broadway Flash said: "They cut the endings of a lot of the songs to accommodate the ballroom. All you have is underscoring while the cats are competing in front of the judges. this was the case with most of the numbers."

They didn't cut anything, they aren't allowed to do that. Cats has numerous dance breaks that were trimmed from the 1998 filmed version (the only version I'm sure you've seen and the person whose comments youre parroting has seen

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You