pixeltracker

Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012

Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#1Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 8/21/11 at 7:51am

Both companies announce there seasons in September, both should have a musical.

Hearing the long rumoured La Cage.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#2Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 8/27/11 at 9:58am

Seems a strange choice for both. Can't see Sydney doing that at all.

rosscoe(au)
#2Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 8/28/11 at 9:24am

Add Warhorse to the list, take La Cage off.

Sydney will have the MTC production of Next to Normal.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 8/31/11 at 9:29pm

I really hope they recast Kate Kendall...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 8/31/11 at 09:29 PM

rosscoe(au)
#4Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 9/24/11 at 12:36am

War horse is now part of the 2013 MTC season.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#5Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 9/25/11 at 6:03am

Pirates of Penzance STC? Zzzzzzzz!!! So, so boring.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

rosscoe(au)
#6Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 9/25/11 at 7:33pm

The season is rather boring.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#7Melbourne and Sysney Theatre Companies 2012
Posted: 10/1/11 at 3:17am

In Melbourne it is very much "jobs for the boys", when you look at the selection committee and the cast lists. Hmmm.