pixeltracker

My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?

My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?

Sean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
#1My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 6:20pm

I just heard Marin Mazzie's version of 'Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered' (which is such a stunning version) from the PBS 'My Favourite Ladies'. It isn't on the album recording -- was it ever available? I'm shocked it was left off.

Of course, I'm finding this out how long after it aired? I'm not fast. Obviously.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#2My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 7:17pm

Both My Favorite Broadway The Leading Ladies and Love Songs left many songs off of the CDs that were released. I too wish her version of Bewitched had been included.

Sadly, they did not put Karen Ziemba singing I Wanna Be A Rockett from Kicks either- probably due to the length of the number.

I wish they had continued on with the series- I really enjoyed the first two...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 8:54pm

Loved Ripley in NEXT TO NORMAL but, Mazzie blew me away! She was incredible.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#3My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 9:03pm

White OT I couldn't agree more about her in Next To Normal- it is extremely hard to move me to tears in a live theatre- but watching her sing I Dreamed A Dance while she had tears just streaming down her face literally brought me to tears as well.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#4My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 9:08pm

Even though I was at the final performance January 2011, I really wish that they filmed it. Epic piece of theatre. Epic.

Gaveston2
#5My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/30/11 at 11:47pm

I've loved Mazzie since PASSION. Her album of duets with her husband, OPPOSITE YOU, belongs in any serious collection.

Sean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
#6My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/31/11 at 12:10am

Thank you for the information, castle. Mazzie's rendition of 'Bewitched' is simply stellar. Just shows how the performer affects the song.

I envy you seeing her in 'Next to Normal'. I've only seen her once, and guess where and when? When she played Cassie in 'A Chorus Line' at the Red Barn Theatre in Michigan. It must have been her first or second professional job. I think it was 1986 or so!

eman02
#7My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
Posted: 8/31/11 at 12:17am

She is my favorite actress from seeing her twice in Next to Normal. She only got better in the role and brought a realness to Diana I can only imagine Ripley did not (having only heard not seen here). I think she is incredibly underrated and more attention is warranted to her.

There will never be quite another performance like her in this role - even facing away from the audience (having been one at the extreme left front of the audience) she stayed in character in tears. And Megan Fahey together with her brought meaning to "Maybe" that it previously lacked.

Videos