News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eman02

Member Name: eman02
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 7 2019, 12:20:36 AM

Hailee Steinfeld as Louise.

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 6 2019, 09:44:42 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "I wanna see Meryl. I never saw Streisand doing this. But that’s just the first thing that pops into my head."

a good choice. a safe choice though. would rather see some other possibilities...

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 6 2019, 08:17:58 PM

https://deadline.com/2019/02/gypsy-amy-sherman-palladino-the-marvelous-mrs-maisel-revival-new-regency-1202551539/

Lupone was great, but of course they won't hire her. I don't think Melissa McCarthy is a fit though.  I'm glad Babara Streisand who is too old for the role is not attached.

Who would be good?

Marin Mazzie Has Passed Away
 Sep 15 2018, 04:58:08 PM

An amazing talent. Moved me twice with interpretation of Diane in Next to Normal and from what I saw of video in Carrie. Beautiful unique voice that was gift to the world. She'll definitely be missed and not forgotten for all the joy and beauty she brought to the world.

SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jun 9 2017, 12:12:03 AM

I saw Sunset tonight. Glenn was outstanding. Vocally she had power, which I was impressed by. It was one of the great theatrical experiences of my life. YOU NEED TO SEE THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

Theater Development Fund Member Rates
 Jun 3 2017, 07:19:40 PM

thanks for everyone's responses, i really appreciate it. it's good to know tdf memberships are great - unfortunately, i am only able to see 1 show in the forseeable future budget wise. so would i get a better ticket through tdf on wednesday, or via the digital lottery or standing lottery? trying to figure out based on the costs 40-55 if you get signifcantly better seats with one vs. others. 

Theater Development Fund Member Rates
 Jun 2 2017, 03:54:50 PM

So, I am a freelancer and qualify for a membership. They say never pay more then 47.

I've been looking to see Sunset Boulevard. They have 55 digital lottery and 40 at box office.

Does anyone know what one would expect if I signed up for Theater Development Fund for 35? Is a 47 dollar ticket from them better, worse, or the same as the two lotto options? Do they do less the 47 for a big show like sunset?

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)
 May 18 2017, 05:30:19 PM

did they have  40 or 59 seats as well?

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)
 May 12 2017, 11:46:00 AM

Can someone tell me, the box office opens 10am m-s, sun at noon. For rush tickets, does one get there for the box office opening in the morning? If so, why are people saying they were showing up at 7pm and getting rush tickets?

What is the lowest cost on TKTS if anyone knows...how does it compare?

Thanks!

Gypsy transferring
 Nov 26 2016, 12:40:54 AM

This was terrible acted production and just lose money in America. I hope they rethink this awful idea. I saw the filmed version and it is a poor version of the superb never to be outdone 2008 Broadway revival with three incredible actors full of nuance and real complex characters and acting.  The recent British production was 2 dimensional and ridiculous. I have no doubt they loved it on the West End but it will bomb bringing it to America. 

Tony-Worthy replacement performances?
 Apr 29 2016, 01:32:44 AM

Marin Mazzie in Next to Normal as she found the role through her run.

West Side Story at Signature Theatre
 Jan 17 2016, 03:59:35 PM

it looks to be all sold out. anyway anyone knows if it's possible to get a ticket otherwise? it sounds amazing.  unless it will transfer or continue around New York, I'd love to get a chance to see it.

Orchestral Stock Music Similar to Wicked, Gypsy, Sound of Music
 Dec 14 2013, 11:44:03 AM
Thanks, yeah that's more comedic. More what I'm going for is dramatic and warm, i.e.:

http://youtu.be/CQJaZO2nfGg?t=27s 27-31sec.

Thanks for taking the time to make that suggestion though.

Orchestral Stock Music Similar to Wicked, Gypsy, Sound of Music
 Dec 14 2013, 10:31:20 AM
Hello -

Sorry for this post, but I have looked on stock music sites and on google and am looking for music for a video similar to Wicked, Gypsy, Sound of Music. That rich big orchestral sound with a bit of a retro 50s feel and warmth to it. Of course, I don't want to use / can't use from the soundtrack of these shows themselves, so I need something that is similar in that vein.

I am not sure if any board members have encountered stock music sources that might have something

BILLY ELLIOT to Close on Broadway January 8, 2012
 Oct 4 2011, 08:04:39 PM
I absolutely loved this show. It spoke to me in a way no other piece of art ever has - and I didn't feel that way about the movie, thought I enjoyed it. It celebrated arts education and relayed the message that it does take a community to raise a child. What a wonderful dream to think that all communities, like the one in the story, could lift up every young boy or girl who dared to be different, and peruse the arts.

It had a grittiness that few other Broadway shows ever had - it was

Can Billy Elliot still claim they are a Tony Award Winner? Can N2N steal back the prize?
 Sep 5 2011, 08:44:03 AM
Both Next to Normal and Billy Elliot were they greatest theater experiences I ever had. There different stories, it's sort of unfair to compare them.

Everyone who hates either has no taste and can go back to watching the the horrible shows taking up theater space on Broadway.

My Favourite Ladies - Marin Mazzie?
 Aug 31 2011, 12:17:54 AM
She is my favorite actress from seeing her twice in Next to Normal. She only got better in the role and brought a realness to Diana I can only imagine Ripley did not (having only heard not seen here). I think she is incredibly underrated and more attention is warranted to her.

There will never be quite another performance like her in this role - even facing away from the audience (having been one at the extreme left front of the audience) she stayed in character in tears. And Megan Fa

Is THE NORMAL HEART being filmed for PBS 'Great Performances' series?
 Jun 14 2011, 06:28:45 PM
Re: Marin Mazzie in Next to Normal

That would be to incredible for words. Though her performance deserved a wide release and an Oscar.

LesMis Tour Cast change
 May 14 2011, 08:15:02 PM
I really liked Lawrence Clayton.
What Is Next For Julie Taymor?
 Mar 9 2011, 08:42:49 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Taymor $65 million to do a Jurassic Park musical. Julie, pm me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You