pixeltracker

Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.- Page 2

Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.

#25Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.
Posted: 9/8/11 at 10:16pm

It really should be done by a dancer (i've seen Donna McKechnie in the 80s revival and while she got mixed reviews, I find her charming).

SonofRobbie, I think entering the stage on your ass STILL is impressive :P And yeah Big Spender is a classic example of Fosse's less is more movement--I've seen community productions which choreograph it absolutely frenetically, and it doesn't work.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#26Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.
Posted: 9/8/11 at 11:53pm

i caught this in boston right after christina injured her foot and charlotte d'amboise filled in (i think for the entire boston run) thought she was fantastic, a remarkable and energenic star role. also thought dennis o'hare was great - i found the show a bit creeky at times but entertaining...the audience seemed to enjoy it

maybe i wasnt reading the blogs that much in those days but im surprised the first im hearing of Simon writing a new ending to the show for the revival is just now...

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#27Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.
Posted: 9/9/11 at 6:49am

A third and final point, connecting LITTLE ME and SWEET CHARITY, to Eric Montreal: I consulted my three coffee table books and finally found a large photo of "Rich Kids' Rag" from LITTLE ME juxtaposed with a photo of "Rich Man's Frug" from SWEET CHARITY. The book is Martin Gottfried's BROADWAY MUSICALS(1984 Edition) and the caption reads, "These are book- end dances by Fosse. Again featuring Fosse's knock-knees, angular movements, and thrust chins, the two dance numbers are Broadway classics."

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"
Updated On: 9/9/11 at 06:49 AM

#28Sweet Charity 2005 Revival Changes.
Posted: 9/9/11 at 8:20pm

YES! That's where I must have first seen that photo. As a kid, I used to get that book (it's the large one with A Chorus Line on the cover, right?) out from the library all the time. I should see if they still have it.

Fosse (the show) really should have put them back to back in the show.