News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VernonGersch

VernonGersch Profile Photo
Member Name: VernonGersch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 09:17:47 AM

VernonGersch said: "Disappointed that PATRIOTS didn't nab a Nom for Best Play. Found it fascinating, entertaining and really well directed and written. Glad Stuhlbarg got a well deserved Nomination"

awww, Will Keen didn't snag one other not did Rupert Goold or Peter Morgan. Happy for the Stereophonic (fave play of the season) but was rooting for Patriots as well.

I hope this doesn't discourage Almedia transfers - our any West End transfers - in our

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 08:45:33 AM

Disappointed that PATRIOTS didn't nab a Nom for Best Play.  Found it fascinating, entertaining and really well directed and written.  Glad Stuhlbarg got a well deserved Nomination 

2024-2025 Broadway Season  Apr 24 2024, 08:44:50 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Doran Gray to be announced in the next few weeks."

any sense if its set for Fall or Spring?  I'd imagine Spring but after this insane stuffed season, I don't know anything anymore. 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 20 2024, 01:32:18 PM

I am thinking Mother Play will take that spot you have for Mary Jane

Jeff Tupolski said: "With lots of Tony threads and predictions on specific races, I figured there should be a general predictions thread. I’m sure therewas one, but I couldn’t dig deep enough to find it. Here’s some rough predix to start off. Some reaches, and probably more hopedicting than I’d like to think, but like I said, they’re rough.

Pl

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 18 2024, 10:25:57 AM

Take an edible before.  Or a cocktail.  Or maybe both?

That Is some extraordinary talent on stage - also my first time in the James Earl Jones theater since it was redone and it is fantastic. Corey and MacKenzie, the entire cast are crushing it on stage.   It was silly fun (I knew the hits of Huey Lewis but that's about it...) so it didn't have the same appeal to me like Moulin Rouge or & Juliet.  I do wish the books picked more of a subversive lane. Ano

STAFF MEAL at Playwrights Horizons  Apr 18 2024, 09:28:51 AM

This does sound quite interesting.  This NYT piece has really piqued my interest.  Wonder if anyone here has seen yet?  I know it's still in previews.  Anyone know how long the play is?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/17/theater/abe-koogler-staff-meal-play.html

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 16 2024, 07:26:34 AM

Excellent evening of a theater and a must see.  One of my favorite shows in a while.  Found Peter Morgan's play highly entertaining.    Set and production design are top notch, vivid and bold (better than a few musicals I've seen this year).  Michael Stuhlbarg and Will Keen are giving exceptional performances.  Also Luke Thallon and Alex Hurt stand out in their roles as well.  

Rupert Gold's direction is top notch.

I envision a

MOTHER PLAY seating question  Apr 15 2024, 09:21:58 AM

I saw from Right Orchestra close to stage AND actually did feel like I missed a few things that were obscured by the set 

MOTHER PLAY Previews  Apr 14 2024, 10:59:53 PM

Incredibly gratifying watching Jessica Lange's performance   There is one moment in the play where there is no dialogue, a few seconds really of her on stage alone and the power, sadness, regret and intensity in her eyes is something to behold.  That is Acting.   

The play, at a perfectly paced 95 minutes, is highly entertaining, heartfelt and often quite funny.  Paula Vogel has written some really wonderful scenes and a good play.  A few

MARY JANE Previews  Apr 13 2024, 09:52:04 PM

gibsons2 said: "MemorableUserName said: "McAdams is out tonight. They canceled Tuesday and Wednesday entirely, but tonight the understudy is on. The understudy previously went on last week in a different role when McAdams was in."

What a mess... I'm thankful for that ticket protection I've purchased, at least it was an easy cancelation. I guess I'll be skipping this play altogether.
"

Is Rachel back in the show? and dumb quest

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 13 2024, 09:33:12 PM

okay, if Jordan is in then so am I.   Everything I've read on the boards sounds like this would be a blast. A gummie before hand sounds kinda perfect for it.  

anyone have a discount code?

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 11 2024, 02:15:25 PM

thank you for this - blurry not front mezz avail the date I was looking to go.  Looks like it's gonna be up close in Orchestra. hope I don't miss too much

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 11 2024, 12:33:37 PM

Okay, I am in. I want to see the show.  For those that have seen - where are the better seats?  Is second row Orchestra too close?

any advice would be so welcome

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 5 2024, 03:31:49 PM

any other reports from previews.  curious 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 10:23:29 AM

Totally on the same page as Jordan.  That pre-sale was super easy.  Remarkable price difference between their '"Platinum Ticket" which includes Lounge access ($499) and Front Orchestra Aisle seats to the side at $299 each (thought it was going to be way way more expensive). 

Seat Geek still adds on a $33.92 Sur charge per ticket.

Most highly anticipated show in forever and excellent seats weren't quite in the MWRA price point as a pleasant surpri

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 11:10:58 AM

Seat Geek's leadership

Jack Groetzinger - self proclaimed on their website Cleavland Sports fan

Russ D'Souza - believes "live events will be better when ticketing gives more than it takes"

Eric Waller, Co-Founder - Likes Third Eye Blind

These morons can take their Semi Charmed Kind of Lives and shove them so far up where the sun don't shine

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:50:17 AM

FUMING that I have wasted over 49 min attempting to purchase a ticket to see this.   Mismanagement all around - and it will be spun that due to overwhelming demand the system crashed.

Jordan Roth - step it up and dump Seat Geek.  

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 2 2024, 10:13:29 AM

This is an utter disaster.  We all stopped what we are doing to purchase early on-sale tickets and Seat Geek totally craps the bed.  Why are there NO tickets showing up at all?  Why did we all rush to our computers to attempt to purchase great seats - and the technology or lacktherof can't support.   I HATE Seat Geak.  Hated them since INTO THE WOODS.  There is no excuse for this -and Jamie Lloyd and his producers should be mortified that the St James continu

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 1 2024, 03:42:12 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Attacked?! The man threw a rock at his back and the cops arrested the man (with a previous assault record). Michael even declined medical attention. Slow news day if this merits to be called an “attack.” Geez."

1.  You are so highly insensitive to take the time to write what you did 

2. You just mucked up an entire thread on previews to this show 

What Is The Best Way To Resell A Broadway Show Ticket?  Mar 28 2024, 05:29:28 PM

LOVNG the Theatr app.  I was able to score incredible seats for a show AND was able to sell a pair of seats for another show I wasn't able to make.  Do not use Stub Hub - between the fees and the scalpers I don't think it's the safest bet.

Kinda obsessed with Theatr app actually 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You